E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Please help me! 2A2C, 2A2B, 29EO, 29E1

03-04-2024, 06:58 PM   #1
HumanBean
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Angry Please help me! 2A2C, 2A2B, 29EO, 29E1

Hey guys, new member and first post, long time reader.

I have an 07 e92 335i MT

Sorry if someone’s posted something similar but I haven’t been able to find anything at all anywhere about all 4 fuel mixture control codes like this.

The other day I took my car off jack stands for the winter and took it for a 5 minute drive. It started up perfectly and idled smoothly for 5 minutes before pulling out of the driveway and immediately at maybe 2k rpm it started to misfire like crazy and feel like it was about to stall out as rpm dropped. I looked back and saw a huge cloud of white smoke behind me as I engaged the clutch. It did this once or twice more cruising at about 2k but with no white smoke at least that I noticed. When I pulled back in the driveway I could smell raw fuel and checked codes and I got the following in order as they appeared on my JB4.

2A2C Fuel mixture control 2
2A2B Fuel mixture control
29EO Fuel mixture control
29E1 Fuel mixture control 2

I let the car idle for a few more minutes to listen to it drop in rpm then recover itself and saw a little more white smoke and then the tiniest bit of black smoke come out of the exhaust before I turned it off. Attached below is the log from part of the drive.

I don’t know where to even start with this one. Is it possible my fuel went bad? Wondering if that’s the case since it’s all 4 codes at once out of nowhere. I put sta-bil storage fuel preservative in the same as I do every winter and haven’t had any issue before. Only difference is this time I measured out the proper amount for the tank whereas before I’d dump the whole bottle which is advertised for 20 gallons. (Tank was also topped off after adding the measured amount for 16 gallons and immediately put on jack stands)

I’d also like to note that the car drove perfectly fine all summer last year up until the day I put it on jack stands for the winter and the only time I touched it all winter was when I installed a boost side oil catch can. Which when I was removing the crankcase vent hose I accidentally cracked part of the tab on the hose on the valve cover side and since I haven’t ordered a new hose yet it wiggles a bit but not enough to where the o ring in there becomes visible.

I wouldn’t even call myself competent with reading logs and all that but looking at the log it seems to me that cylinder 1 is the only cylinder that’s misfiring which I didn’t expect honestly since I’m getting all 4 fuel mixture control codes for both banks I figured it would be more cylinders. I haven’t been able to remove any spark plugs yet as my spark plug sockets aren’t thin wall and I need to pick one up.

I’m also concerned that if the fuel did go bad that my injector's hopefully haven’t been fouled, I’m sure the spark plugs are which I’m not worried about but I don’t wanna just start shotgunning fuel injectors and o2 sensors and maybe even hpfp without trying to find out what the problem truly is first.

Has anybody experienced anything like this before? Any recommendations on where at least I should start?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0