BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-20-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

ALBANY, NY 1Addicts?

Anyone out there?
Keeler BMW has the 1's in. Will be driving one tomorrow (Friday 3-21)
They have 3-135's (2-auto, 1-stick) & 2-128's. One Conv, 1 coupe.
Black Sapphire & Sedona. Conv. is cashmere silver
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Blue Majic"

albany??

Hey man..Rochester here just joined 1addicts and saw ur post. I ordered my 135i friday so I hope to take delivery in a month or so. Hit me back!

Peace:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #3
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep

Hey EDUC8ED!
Welcome to 1Addicts. You'll love this forum. No Flamers,..just a good helpful group.
I will be ordering my 135 this week.
Actually got 2% below MSRP + they threw in the floor mats.:thumbup:
What colors / Specs did you order? Get any break on price?

Mine will be Black Sapphire Met / Coral red int/ Sprt pkg / Comfort access / Htd seats / Ipod adaptor
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Blue Majic"

Hey thanks! Yea I just got the financing all settled today so I am all set with that. I got a really good interest rate and a little of the price. There were tons of people looking at and test driving the 1. They are going to sell like crazy.I ordered the Montego Blue figuring most would get black or sedona, I was pretty dissapointed in how the sedona looked in person compared to all the pics online............ but my specs are: black leather, sprt pkg, comfort access, premium hi-fi, and active steering. Im going to invest in a clearshield and a few other options from the detail shop. I hate paint chips!!
I should take delivery in about a month when all the snow and salt should be gone. I cant wait!:thumbup: A regional meet or something this summer would be cool??
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep

Def up for a meet.
You plan on attending Octoberfest in Sept. In Watkins Glen?
BSM/Coral red/Sp pkg/Cft access/Htd seats/BMW Performance Pedals, Spoiler, & Rotors/18" VMR V710's/Hankook Ventus/Cool Carbon Pads ."The 135i's engine sound is so ferocious and bittersweet, so carnal and wicked, somebody ought to name a heavy-metal band after it: Velvet Chain Saw."
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #6
knightps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

Hey I live in Saratoga. I just put down a deposit on a Metallic Graphite with Coral Red Interior 135. Only option I added is the sport package. I have not had great experiences with the sales guys at Keeler in the past, but they were able to match the deal I got with Automaster and were quicker on delivery - should have the car by the end of May.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 07:44 AM   #7
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep

Hey Knight!
Im in Waterford.
I was a hair away from pulling the trigger on the same Color combo as you. Until I saw the Black Sapphire. Since mine will only be a fair weather driver, black is ok since it wont be getting dirty that often. If it was a daily driver,..SGM would have been my choice.

Who did you deal w/ @ Keeler? Was it Augie? Great guy,..but I didnt like the fact that they wouldnt budge on the price until I got a quote lower somewhere else.
Should have mine Mid-May sometime. Think it's done being built today actually!!
Heres a pic I photoshopped some wheels on a few weeks ago- It's your color! Using it as my Desktop image right now.
Attached Images

BSM/Coral red/Sp pkg/Cft access/Htd seats/BMW Performance Pedals, Spoiler, & Rotors/18" VMR V710's/Hankook Ventus/Cool Carbon Pads ."The 135i's engine sound is so ferocious and bittersweet, so carnal and wicked, somebody ought to name a heavy-metal band after it: Velvet Chain Saw."
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #8
knightps
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah Augie was the guy I worked with, he seems pretty nice. I have a pretty long history with Automaster up in Burlington VT, I bought my Land Rover LR3 up there, and after I test drove it at Keeler I called them to see what the story was on pricing. Once I told Augie my deal with Automaster, he beat it by a few hundred. I had them both matched on price and Keeler came up with a production slot quicker. Felt a little bad, but I had already lost one slot on Thursday with Automaster, so pulled the trigger last Friday. The wait might kill me.

Crazy jealous that you are in prod. Saw an auto black saphire w/coral red 135 in Saratoga on Sunday, think it was the one I test drove.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #9
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep

Whats the spec on your car? Options?
What did you wind up getting it for if you dont mind me asking?

My MSRP came out to $40,000 on the nose.
Cap Cities gave me 2% off, plus mats. (Paid $39,200)
They also give 10% off parts and service, free inspections, plus free BMW loaners when you're in for service.
They are about 15 min farther away, but when I put all that together I had to go with them. Plus they slid my car into a production slot they already had for a dealer inventory car which must have shaved a good few weeks off.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #10
knightps
Private First Class
Rep

I tried to post earlier and my browser crashed, so I apologize if this appears twice.

I only added the Sport Package, other than the upgraded paint and interior red leather. MSRP came to $38,600. I paid $38,000, a little under 2% off. I definitely felt like I left something on the table but as I saw more people putting in orders and losing a production date I agreed to 38 flat. I have my LR for winter and road trips, this is for pure driving enjoyment. Plan on some tuning work a few months after I get it.

Unfortunately I am still in order status 112, which makes me think that Keeler may not have had an actual prod slot, if that is the case, it will really piss me off. I will feel really bad about leaving Automaster if that happens, Randy Adams up there has been really good to me and my family over the years.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #11
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep

First off,..where are you finding your order status code?
I cannot find that on the BMW owners circle website. All it says is "scheduled for production" (I have been calling the 800 number daily though.) Link maybe?
When did you pull the trigger on your order? I put mine in on 3/28, and it is in the assembly line today.
Hopin for early - mid May delivery?
Not sure how much tuning Im gonna do. 1st thing will be wheels, and prob some Michelin PS2's. Maybe the Dinan chip next year?
What do you have planned for yours?
Im actually in the process of building a detached Garage so it should be ready when the car arrives.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #12
knightps
Private First Class
Rep

Keeler gave me a print out of the order when I saw the prod code they gave me was for a fully loaded silver automatic. That was the old config on the prod number, so they wanted me to see the new config, it happened to have the order status number. The dealer should be willing to give that to you, it is more detailed than the website or phone #.

I put in the actual order on Friday 4/4, but I don't know the actual date that Keeler got it in the system. Augie told me 4-6 weeks, but I find that hard to believe.

I will keep it stock for a while, then I am thinking exhuast and Dinan tune first. I figure by then there will be ton of options so who really knows. I am really torn on CF, part of me really wants to do something like the rear diffuser, I want to keep it subtle. I sold my B5 S4 three years ago, so I am really excited to be back in the performance game.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 07:22 AM   #13
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep

Same thing happened w/ me @ Cap cities. My Prod # originally showed an Alpine White 135.
4-6 weeks is what I was told as well, and seems to be the general consensus on the forum here.
Stock for a while here too. Cant imagine needing more power anytime soon. Car is a beast as it is. I did read last night that there is an air filter replacement that nets 13hp on a modded 335i. Might be a decent first upgrade. (Moderator LarryN mentioned it somewhere.)
I think the CF rear spoiler would look great on a SGM or Black car. (Im not a big fan of CF,..but it will blend in on our colors.)
I sold my E30 325i (Sig pic on the left) 2 years ago and have been in a toyota tacoma daily since, so i feel your pain.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #14
knightps
Private First Class
Rep

I spoke too soon, I guess this car has me a little antsy. I called the 800 # this morning and my car is in production with an estimated completion date of 4/16.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 07:42 AM   #15
knightps
Private First Class
Rep

Got my VIN # this morning. I don't think I would be this excited over the birth of a child.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 08:15 AM   #16
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep

Congrats,...what are you naming him/her? :biggrin:

Mine is "officially" built,...waiting transport to the port.:roundel:
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #17
knightps
Private First Class
Rep

Haven't put much thought in the name. I think I need to wait till I have the car in my posession and something will come to me. You?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #18
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep

No Name. Didnt name my last one. Just called it the bimmer.
We'll have to meet up when we get our cars to "compare" color schemes. (I just hope I dont see yours and regret not getting the SGM.)
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #19
knightps
Private First Class
Rep

Esmallstii,

Couple of quick questions. Are you still waiting for a boat? My est completion is on Wednesday and I was wondering if we might be on the same vessel. Also, are you going to ask Cap Cities to omit the front license plate?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #20
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep

Just got off the phone (800 number)
Car is still @ the port.
We may wind up on the same boat?

Not sure about the front plate thing. I'll prob have them install it since I dont want to give local law enforcement any more reasons to pull me over. Im sure it's gonna be tough to keep this puppy under the speed limit.
How bout you?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #21
knightps
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah, kinda on the fence about the front plate. I don't know how far "sorry sir it didn't come with a front bracket" will go at a traffic stop. I usually keep cars north of 80K miles, so the front plate is inevitable living in NY, drilled front bumper shouldn't effect the value too much with all those miles.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #22
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep

I'll pull the dealer screws and install some nice stainless steel ones,.and prob throw on a some nice L.Plate frames too.
Appreciate 0