BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
rsen
Rep
Drives:

Oil cooler in Canada

I called BMW Customer Service here in Canada (talked to Michelle Dionne) about the secondary oil cooler situation with the 135i. She checked with Product Planning and informed me that for the Canadian market, all 135i's will get the secondary oil cooler EXCEPT for cars with the smaller 17"" wheels. The M sport package does NOT have to be ordered to get the secondary oil cooler. All 135i's with the 18"" wheels will get it.

This appears to be slightly different than in the USA, where it looks like the sport package needs to be ordered to get the secondary oil cooler.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
looking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

^^^

thanks for the info. I've never owned a BMW before, but I have been noticing a lot of talk about the oil cooler. Are BMW's known to over heat, how come everyone so worried about having/not having one? I mean unless you're planning to hit the track hardcore I don't think we're ever going to get the engine so heated that the oil is going to fail to work.

I also notice you're in winnipeg, I didn't know winnipeg got extremely hot weather. Is there a secret about the weather, you guys in winnipeg are hiding? hahah
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #3
rsen
Rep
Drives:

Yes, the weather is great here. We're enjoying a balmy -42 C windchill today in Winterpeg. Actually, in July and August it can get pretty hot here (high 30's celsius). I don't expect to have overheating issues with the 135i here like they have had with the 335i in the US, but if I ever did decide to drive the car on the track it would be nice to know the car had the added protection of the "secondary" oil cooler.
Appreciate 0