F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Cheap Ebay Rear Diffuser Install
Extreme Powerhouse

11-19-2023, 02:59 PM   #1
thedarthluda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 440i F32

Cheap Ebay Rear Diffuser Install

So i bit the bullet and went for a cheap diffuser for the rear, was a little bit probalamatic to install but i got there in the end and didnt need to remove the bumper. thought i would just add this info for anyone else considering it

Fitment wasnt great, it seems a little bit too short and i failed multiple times to get it fully clipped in. How i ended up doing it was lining up the middle and being very careful with the clips as i found clipping them in sometimes pulled the diffuser to the left or right.

Once that was done i basically pulled on the end as hard as i could, fastened the furthest screw in at an angle, and then straightened it up to pull on the plastic. Once both sides were in i pushed all the clips in which did take some force as it didnt quite reach one side. The left side clipped in no problem, the right side clipped in with a lot of force, but then would pop back out after 30 seconds. I've propped a piece of wood to hold it in place and hopefully get the plastic to mould to the right shape, removed it for a few mins and it seems to have worked but will leave it over night to be sure.

Overall it took me just over an hour to install, while fitment wasnt great its fine now its all in place, and considering it was £110 for the rear diffuser and a front splitter then i really cant complain! for those that do want a cheaper option then i wouldnt worry about it, just be prepared that it may not be a quick job to install.

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 09:09 PM   #2
Oksamit78
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, F30 & F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarthluda View Post
I've propped a piece of wood to hold it in place and hopefully get the plastic to mould to the right shape, removed it for a few mins and it seems to have worked but will leave it over night to be sure.
Use the heat gun if it pops out again > Heat from the back so you don't damage the polish finish of outside. That should help with molding it to shape. If this was made out of CF, you'd have no chance forcing it and making it stay in place.
Great deal, though. Looks better than stock OEM.
2017 F34 340i XDrive w/ M Sport Pack, Azure II /Black, B58B30M0, Dinan Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 03:28 AM   #3
thedarthluda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 440i F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksamit78 View Post
Use the heat gun if it pops out again > Heat from the back so you don't damage the polish finish of outside. That should help with molding it to shape. If this was made out of CF, you'd have no chance forcing it and making it stay in place.
Great deal, though. Looks better than stock OEM.
Cheers will give that a try if it doesnt hold, seems to have done the trick so far but we'll see!
Appreciate 0