BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

PROcede issues thread.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98321

Just an FYI that not all issues are worked out yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

That's why I'm going with AA Exede.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #3
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

ultimate performance is not always the easiest thing to achieve. you can always settle for less performance but if you can handle it being the beta tester can have its advantages.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #4
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

IMO, the V2 was released before it should have been released. Shiv not was meeting his well published teaser posts and his "coming very soon" timelines, felt the pressure to get it out, and now have a ton of beta testers that can be a support nightmare. I think that because of all the other options coming out, he felt he had to release it (not to mention the extra $$ he made from releasing it).

Five months from now, there will likely be more options, and more refined/tested versions of current offerings.... just in time for the release of the 135i. :smile:
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #5
BMWeber
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
IMO, the V2 was released before it should have been released. Shiv not was meeting his well published teaser posts and his "coming very soon" timelines, felt the pressure to get it out, and now have a ton of beta testers that can be a support nightmare. I think that because of all the other options coming out, he felt he had to release it (not to mention the extra $$ he made from releasing it).

Five months from now, there will likely be more options, and more refined/tested versions of current offerings.... just in time for the release of the 135i. :smile:
hope it will be proven and one easy to install unit with 400 reliable whp on pump gas
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 11:00 PM   #6
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWeber View Post
hope it will be proven and one easy to install unit with 400 reliable whp on pump gas
It'll take more than sofware to get 400 whp.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #7
Ryephile
Not a Newbie
Rep
Drives:

Shiv also promised a Procede type piggyback for the new turbo Cooper S....about 6 months ago. Seems that his ability to time product releases are approaching OEM. That said, I have no knowledge of the quality of his product.
      12-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Personally, I think BMW should release their own ECU upgrade. I would be willing to settle for a little less performance with 100% peace of mind. Like they said in that thread, quality first, then performance.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #9
BMWeber
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
It'll take more than sofware to get 400 whp.
ofcorse you need a good exhaust and maybe an intake. Vishnu have hit over 400 whp so far with nothing but cat back, PROcede and 98 octane with a few more months of tuning I don't see it to be impossible to have a readily avalibul map that will give 400whp on 93 octane. read up a little

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93865
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 01:23 PM   #10
emm3tt
Out Driving
Rep
Drives:

If you actually read the thread, there doesn't really appear to be much in the way of issues.

01 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #11
Nixon
Banned
Rep
Drives: :

Don't bother with reading the original thread from the OP. It is and amazing waste of time.

The actual issue that the flame thread was actually talking about is addressed in a completely different thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98472
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #12
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ofcorse you need a good exhaust and maybe an intake. Vishnu have hit over 400 whp so far with nothing but cat back, PROcede and 98 octane with a few more months of tuning I don't see it to be impossible to have a readily avalibul map that will give 400whp on 93 octane. read up a little

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93865
I'm well aware of that thread... and who's going to run 98 octane regularly? It's a turbo engine, and thus octane makes a HUGE difference. I don't get why they even post these numbers since they're on race/near gas.

And the there are a few threads with people complaining about the PROceed. The linked thread was interesting because 2 people who were total fanboys of the unit have gone a different direction.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2007, 09:35 PM   #13
~AJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind View Post
Personally, I think BMW should release their own ECU upgrade. I would be willing to settle for a little less performance with 100% peace of mind. Like they said in that thread, quality first, then performance.
That will never happen: drivetrain failure rates on higher than stock horsepower cars would go up. BMW would then face the expensive nightmare of either repairing the damaged drivetrains or face the very public denials of warranty claims. Public as in everyone would post "BMW denied my warranty claim..." on every forum they could find.

Either outcome would hurt BMW.

Also, read up on the pollution control regulations in regards to non-stock ECU's.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 09:01 AM   #14
BMWeber
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I'm well aware of that thread... and who's going to run 98 octane regularly? It's a turbo engine, and thus octane makes a HUGE difference. I don't get why they even post these numbers since they're on race/near gas.

And the there are a few threads with people complaining about the PROceed. The linked thread was interesting because 2 people who were total fanboys of the unit have gone a different direction.
the whole thing I am hoping for and expecting is with more tuning/development and a few other basic mods that we will be able to see 400whp on 93. I've see other posts with people hitting near 380 whp on pump so i don't see it as too far fetched. but i am a bit of a wishful thinker

I'd never call the PROede a guaranteed easy no issue mod. I honestly think half the people that buy it are getting in way over there head. ever notice all the people breaking electrical connectors.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #15
Euro Durch Tod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: mustang

Quote:
the whole thing I am hoping for and expecting is with more tuning/development and a few other basic mods that we will be able to see 400whp on 93. I've see other posts with people hitting near 380 whp on pump so i don't see it as too far fetched. but i am a bit of a wishful thinker
It might take a few common bolt ons to assist the tune but with the 135i about to come out testing start to pickup and I dont see why it wouldnt get better. Although im really interested in what a turbo upgrade will do to this motor. With the size of the stock turbos theres plenty of room to move to somethin larger and still have a responsive setup.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #16
turbomg
Acquiring the taste.
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Durch Tod View Post
With the size of the stock turbos theres plenty of room to move to somethin larger and still have a responsive setup.
No, there isn't. While there certainly are many larger turbos available, only a very small subset of those will actually fit in the default location. Like many of the S2000 turbo modifications, significantly larger turbos will have to be moved further to the front and rear of the engine bay, if there is room at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #17
Euro Durch Tod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomg View Post
No, there isn't. While there certainly are many larger turbos available, only a very small subset of those will actually fit in the default location. Like many of the S2000 turbo modifications, significantly larger turbos will have to be moved further to the front and rear of the engine bay, if there is room at all.
I wasnt refering to the physical room in the engine bay, it will be tight but til someone starts pullin it apart you never know. Anyway I ment with the stock turbos being so small you could replace those wit somethin a bit larger and still have a very responsive car with a greater top end. I was strictly talking about turbo capacities not actually putting them in the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #18
Noize
Under the radar
United_States
Rep
Drives: FWD in reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Durch Tod View Post
I wasnt refering to the physical room in the engine bay, it will be tight but til someone starts pullin it apart you never know. Anyway I ment with the stock turbos being so small you could replace those wit somethin a bit larger and still have a very responsive car with a greater top end. I was strictly talking about turbo capacities not actually putting them in the car.

That'd be nice, but then you're going to have to figure out how to sufficiently fuel them. Direct injection isn't exactly easy to modify, and there isn't much headroom left at all. :frown:
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 04:06 PM   #19
335i=:)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan-blk/blk-Poplar

There are a couple guys modifying the stock turbo's (I believe just some porting and fin/blade changes) and supposedly with the changes they can push another 2-3 psi at the top end without needing any fuel related upgrades. That should be good for around 16-17 psi max or a efficient 15psi. From the outside, no one could tell the difference between stock or not because its all internal. At 16 psi at 6k rpm I bet you'd hit 425whp on pump gas. I think this is the best next step for those who want to appear stock with a fairly cheap upgrade. I plan on doing this after some more beta testing.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #20
eMINI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ito135i View Post
There are a couple guys modifying the stock turbo's (I believe just some porting and fin/blade changes) and supposedly with the changes they can push another 2-3 psi at the top end without needing any fuel related upgrades. That should be good for around 16-17 psi max or a efficient 15psi. From the outside, no one could tell the difference between stock or not because its all internal. At 16 psi at 6k rpm I bet you'd hit 425whp on pump gas. I think this is the best next step for those who want to appear stock with a fairly cheap upgrade. I plan on doing this after some more beta testing.
I want my car to appear stock... except when I'm passing:wink:
2010 135i Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Red Leather | Poplar Grey Wood Trim | 6MT | Premium pack | M Sport pack | Heated Seats | HK Premium sound | USB | Smartphone integration | Automatic high beams
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 10:57 AM   #21
WhereItsAt
Constantly Learning
United_States
Rep
Drives: Four Wheels

The majority of the problems seem to be due to installation errors. Also, one was due to the dealer not securing the oil fill cap. The latest version seems to be rock solid with amazing gains.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #22
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ~ View Post
That will never happen: drivetrain failure rates on higher than stock horsepower cars would go up. BMW would then face the expensive nightmare of either repairing the damaged drivetrains or face the very public denials of warranty claims. Public as in everyone would post "BMW denied my warranty claim..." on every forum they could find.

Either outcome would hurt BMW.

Also, read up on the pollution control regulations in regards to non-stock ECU's.
BMW is doing exactly that for the Cooper S.
Appreciate 0