BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-20-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
jt328i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2000 328i

What's with all these color threads?

I haven't posted for a while but I had to chime in after all these color threads. I guess we don't have anything better to talk about since we're not getting a lot of information out of Frankfurt. Some nice pictures though, especially the Black on Coral Red 123d.

OK, first of all, there are way too many Silver cars out there and not just BMWs. I read somewhere that nearly 1/3 of all cars sold in NA are Silver or some variation thereof (eg: beige, champagne). BTW, I don't consider Dark Grey or Graphite a "silver" color. I don't get it myself but that's cool, we all have our quirks.

Since we're all agonizing over what color to get, here are my leading candidates in order of preference:

1. Black on Coral Red
2. Graphite on Terra
3. Graphite on Coral Red
4. Metallic Black on Lemon

Lemon wasn't on my radar until I saw some of the pictures of the Black on Lemon car... it looks pretty good but it'll get dirty like crazy and I imagine the color from dark jeans and shit will rub off on it.

On one of the color threads, someone said Black looked "cheap". What?! Maybe I'm biased (my 328i is Black with Chromeline), but is Black not the classiest color for a car especially with the chrome window trim. It's not just classy, but sporty at the same time. I admit Silver is probably the next classiest color. Aside from the whole keeping it clean and hot in the summer thing, Black's a great color for a car. Not so good for SUVs or Minivans though because the larger size just makes it look like a big slab.
Appreciate 0