BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Newbie looking for pre LCI need some help

08-30-2023, 06:20 PM   #1
Vinniemeatball
Registered
Rep
Drives: Toyota highlander

Newbie looking for pre LCI need some help

Hello, I’m looking to get my first X7. Was originally looking at new and have read so much on here about the issues and also the lack of features. So now looking at pre LCI and had some questions.

I’ve read that Dynamic handling package is a must. Is that limited to certain years that would help me limit my search ? Also is it standard in any year / model like M50I ?

On the Driver Assistance package, is there any updates/improvements within the years of 19-22 ? Or is it the same for all years? It’s an important feature for me as I currently have a 21 Highlander that has it and is a must have.

Android Auto - I read somewhere that it was added in 21. Was it added as an update to 19 and 20? If not that will narrow my choices as again this is a must have for me.

Lastly what’s the best search site where I could list the packages I’m looking for ? Can’t seem to find a way to search for Dynamic Handling package for instance.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 08:23 AM   #2
jabbarjd
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7 xDrive50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinniemeatball View Post
Hello, I’m looking to get my first X7. Was originally looking at new and have read so much on here about the issues and also the lack of features. So now looking at pre LCI and had some questions.

I’ve read that Dynamic handling package is a must. Is that limited to certain years that would help me limit my search ? Also is it standard in any year / model like M50I ?
Not limited to years or models, nor is it standard on any year or model.

Quote:
On the Driver Assistance package, is there any updates/improvements within the years of 19-22 ? Or is it the same for all years?
The hardware was updated for the MY2020, but functionally it's the same for all pre-LCI. Completely hands-free under 40mph and stop-and-go traffic, but in 2019 the display of DAPP is not available in the middle of the gauge cluster and it doesn't display the vehicles around yours.

Quote:
Android Auto - I read somewhere that it was added in 21. Was it added as an update to 19 and 20? If not that will narrow my choices as again this is a must have for me.
Should be on it as long as the software is updated to a 2022 or 2023 version.

Quote:
Lastly what’s the best search site where I could list the packages I’m looking for ? Can’t seem to find a way to search for Dynamic Handling package for instance.
Autotrader will have that package listed in the title of the vehicle on a lot of vehicles at BMW dealerships or other european dealerships. Besides that, you'd have to click on the vehicle and hope they have the packages listed.

2019 BMW x7 xDrive50i in Phytonic Blue on Black -- 22" 756 Wheels
2015 BMW x5 xDrive35i in Mineral White on Canberra Beige - (sold)
2013 BMW 535i M Sport in Titanium Silver on Black - (sold)
1999 BMW z3 2.3 in Space Gray on Black - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 09:08 AM   #3
Phillymb75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X7 M50 - 20 M240i vert 6mt

I went from a loaded 19 50 to a 2021 M50 and the DAPP was much improved.

DHP is only standard on the new models, prior it was an option. You're more likely to find it on an M50.

If you were considering new and looking for lightly used, here is a good example which is a former corporate car. Flemington seems to buy a lot of them, it's where I got mine back in December.

https://www.flemingtonbmw.com/used-F...CX6C07N9M14868

Individual color and low miles, almost fully loaded (no Bowers). Being a 2022 I'm sure there are some deletes, but about $20,000 off MSRP and 3k miles, not bad.

Good luck with your hunt.
Appreciate 0