BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
slyx620
Rep
Drives: Honda Prelude

Performance Delivery (South Carolina) savings??

Just wondering if anyone has picked up a BMW at the Performance Center in South Carolina. If so, what was the experience like? Were there any savings off at all? What dealership did you buy from if there were savings?

I am NOT interested in ED as I don't want to wait a month for my car to arrive state side and I dont want to dog my BRAND NEW car on the Autobahn.:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

I did and no, there are no discounts at all.

It was fun, definitely worth it.

Here is a little write-up:

http://edbmw.com/blog/2007/06/19/spa...center-pickup/
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

If I order/purchase a 135i, I plan on doing the PD. By the time I drive her back to Memphis, she'll be 1/2 broken in!

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2007, 03:57 PM   #4
JohnnyBighead
Rep
Drives:

I live like 15 miles from the center and its a pretty sweet setup. Its funny seeing how many BMWs you see driving around Greenville because of the factory.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2007, 04:59 AM   #5
VitaminT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

I have been to the Performance Center and done some teaser events during the EuroFest even in October. Very nice facility.

My dad lived in Greenville for about a year and your right...there are a ton of BMWs up there. I think part of it is that factory employees are able to lease a BMW including tires and insurance for something like $250/mo. I can't remember the details but it was pretty impressive.

I am considereing trading my SLK for a 135 and would more than likely do the performance center delivery.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 01:26 AM   #6
Sixspeed J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

I am thinking about doing this as well. I thought I could make a little vacation out of it. Whats the weather like in SC in April, May temp wise?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 07:38 AM   #7
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminT View Post
I have been to the Performance Center and done some teaser events during the EuroFest even in October. Very nice facility.

My dad lived in Greenville for about a year and your right...there are a ton of BMWs up there. I think part of it is that factory employees are able to lease a BMW including tires and insurance for something like $250/mo. I can't remember the details but it was pretty impressive.

I am considereing trading my SLK for a 135 and would more than likely do the performance center delivery.
it is impressive, $250/month it's cheap
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
deena
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Re : Performance Delivery (South Carolina) savings??

No there are no discount. BMW will be releasing the diesel version of its uber-popular 3 Series sedan in the United States later. Exactly on schedule.
---------------
Deena

South Carolina Alcohol Addiction Treatment
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 06:47 AM   #9
m3bs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 S54 M3, X5, GT4, GR Corolla

Discount? I thought it was great that they didn't charge extra for it! They put you (and a guest) up for the night, feed you, let you abuse their cars for the day, etc. for no extra cost. What a deal!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #10
BeamerDreamer
Village Idiot
Rep
Drives: 435i

I wouldn't mind flying out to South Carolina for the Performance Center experience but I'm guessing they hand you the keys to your car there and won't ship it out to California for me. Is that correct?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #11
emm3tt
Out Driving
Rep
Drives:

See sig!

01 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #12
neteagle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MBM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerDreamer View Post
I wouldn't mind flying out to South Carolina for the Performance Center experience but I'm guessing they hand you the keys to your car there and won't ship it out to California for me. Is that correct?
Road Trip!!!!!

'11 335i Le Mans Blue, Saddle, Dark Glacier, Manual, M-Sport, Premium, CA, Harman Kardon, Heated Seats, iPod, High Beam assist, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grill, CF competition spoiler
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #13
neteagle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

There is no discount directly but you can still use it to your advantage during negotiation...

...just tell them you don't care who sells you the car since you will be taking delivery in SC at the PDC...this means that there is an even playing field regardless of proximity. You can buy the car over the phone from ANY BMW dealer in the nation!

I got a great deal on my car with this argument...I threatened the dealer I wanted to buy from that I was going to use the Payne Method (do a search) and he took the deal without question.

:biggrin:

'11 335i Le Mans Blue, Saddle, Dark Glacier, Manual, M-Sport, Premium, CA, Harman Kardon, Heated Seats, iPod, High Beam assist, 35% tint, Stone-X, BMW Performance Exhaust, Shadow Grill, CF competition spoiler
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #14
BeamerDreamer
Village Idiot
Rep
Drives: 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by neteagle View Post
Road Trip!!!!!
I'm assuming you mean that they won't deliver it to California for me and that I should drive it back myself. It's over 2600 miles from Spartanburg to San Francisco. I would travel through Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Northern Texas, New Mexico and Arizona before driving up the spine of California. (I'll be making the drive down the spine of California in a couple of hour to spend the Labor Day weekend in L.A.) Other than making a small detour to hit Vegas, there would be nothing interesting along that trip.
I guess there would be the fun of driving my car.

It will cost me about $415 in gas alone assuming $4/gallon and 25mpg. Add in the cost of hotel and food and my time and the speeding ticket that I am sure I would get. I might as well have it shipped on my dime.

I'm planning on doing European Delivery and heard that you can do both European Delivery and Performance Center Delivery. I'm sure it's a lot of fun but not quite worth it for those of us on the west coast if they won't ship it out of SC to us. Yet another cost of living in California. Oh well, at least the weather is nice out here. :smile:
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 04:40 PM   #15
neteagle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm assuming you mean that they won't deliver it to California for me and that I should drive it back myself. It's over 2600 miles from Spartanburg to San Francisco. I would travel through Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Northern Texas, New Mexico and Arizona before driving up the spine of California. (I'll be making the drive down the spine of California in a couple of hour to spend the Labor Day weekend in L.A.) Other than making a small detour to hit Vegas, there would be nothing interesting along that trip.
I guess there would be the fun of driving my car.

It will cost me about $415 in gas alone assuming $4/gallon and 25mpg. Add in the cost of hotel and food and my time and the speeding ticket that I am sure I would get. I might as well have it shipped on my dime.

I'm planning on doing European Delivery and heard that you can do both European Delivery and Performance Center Delivery. I'm sure it's a lot of fun but not quite worth it for those of us on the west coast if they won't ship it out of SC to us. Yet another cost of living in California. Oh well, at least the weather is nice out here. :smile:
Trust me...I understand what you are facing....BUT...you'd love it :-) I am struggling to get enough seat time...for once in my life I actually wish my commute was longer :biggrin:

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #16
m3bs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 S54 M3, X5, GT4, GR Corolla

Quote:
They will ship it, but at your expense.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 01:13 PM   #17
Alow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i, F36 430i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bs View Post
They will ship it, but at your expense.
...to the BMW center of your choice. I was quoted $800 to $1k to Kansas City.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #18
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

I had a customer last year who did an ED,then took redelivery at the PC then put on 4K driving back home.He went to Maine first,then accross the top of the US into Denver and finally to his home in Redlands,CA.he also put 2300 miles on the car in Europe.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #19
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

^ cool, I didn't think you could do ED and PD...

I would still jump on a 135i if I wasn't headed back to school. I about blew a load when I passed an AW 135i sitting on the grass by the road in front of the BMW dealership yesterday...

AW = best color IMO...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #20
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Quote:
Wow. Spoken like someone who's clearly has no concept of what any of those places look like. Poseur alert!
Appreciate 0