F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > weird noise, comes and goes?
ARMA SPEED

08-10-2023, 10:40 AM   #1
jfivesix
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 335i EWG

weird noise, comes and goes?

So, I’ve gotten this weird noise previously but it happened again so I’m just a little confused as to what’s going on as it’s came before and left without issue.

This most recent experience as I was driving in normal traffic I would hear a squealing noise that would wind down as I came to a stop , which has happened a few times before but usually stops once I turn off the car let it sit for a min and turn it back on. However, this time as I was in traffic my revs started bouncing at a complete stop, when I would accelerate and it would wind down it would make this squealing noise. I had pulled over turned off the car , smoked a cigarette and continued on my way home, once I got off the freeway it started making it again so I pulled over and did the same, then got home with no issues.

Next day, I turned car on and have been driving it the past week with 0 issues and no signs of the same noise or anything.

No loss in power or drivetrain malfunction at all.

I do want to mention that previously I had gotten a code for my oil pressure, but it had turned out to be that the sensor clip broke off so while it holds in place it isnt as secure as it probably should be.

When I ran the codes I got :

190F08 Tank System Malfunction (I’ve gotten this code multiple times before, but it always goes after clearing and I can’t ever make it come back)

1C2001 Engine oil pump pressure too high
1C3101 engine oil pressure plausibility pressure too high

I opened my hood, inspected it and made sure it was plugged in tight. Looked around my VC for any leaks and didn’t see any (I had did my VC maybe 25-30k miles ago along with OFHG and intake manifold gaskets)

It isn’t really causing much headache or issue as I don’t track my car or really
drive it fast, but I know this isn’t normal! Previously I noticed I would get the noise when my gas was on the lower end, and was wondering if it could be the start-stop function. I had coded out the function but every now and then I feel as if the computer trips and will turn it on on it’s own. Could that be the culprit? I’m thinking PCV valve as I’m on my original valve cover?

Car is 2014 335i 128k miles.

Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 12:50 AM   #2
JayPixelF33
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i

What fuel do you run and have you tried an injector cleaning product ?

Also spark plugs may impact idle but not sure that would make a squeak sound.

Water pump is also belt drive. And the coolant systems in these cars can be less than ideal
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 12:55 AM   #3
jfivesix
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPixelF33 View Post
What fuel do you run and have you tried an injector cleaning product ?

Also spark plugs may impact idle but not sure that would make a squeak sound.

Water pump is also belt drive. And the coolant systems in these cars can be less than ideal
Only run 91, and yeah I have. I’m not sure if it’s my injectors, car runs 100% fine.

I had previously gotten the noise which I always assumed was the start-stop tripping out, but now I’ve gotten bouncing revs with it. It goes away as soon as I turn the car off and let it sit as I’ve been dailying the car since with no issues check engine or anything.

No signs of overheating either, I am in LA as well.

I don’t know how to describe the sound it’s not like a whistle, but it would definitely go away as the car came to a stop so if I were to accelerate it would make the noise but then go away as the car comes to a stop.

I’m just confused because it’ll go away as soon as I turn the car off and let it sit and there’s no permanent codes at all and it doesn’t happen often at all. I don’t know what exactly causes it to replicate it either.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 01:16 PM   #4
jfivesix
Private First Class
Rep

Update… kept getting the 1c3101 code which relates to the oil pressure sensor.

Pulled it out but the gasket is ripped on it (image attached) which would make sense as to why I’m getting a squealing noise that comes and goes.. and why I’m getting oil pressure sensor codes as the connector isn’t holding in place.

How Tf do I replace this gasket now ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0