BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
335i=:)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan-blk/blk-Poplar

First affordable Downpipe for 335i >1k adds 26whp!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69719

No kidding, 26whp and 40wtorque, with no tune, just a downpipe.

Stock car dynoed 269whp, with downpipe, 296.

My Proceeded 335i put down 319 whp and 383 wtorque at 4300ft elevation with stock exhaust.

If I was to add a downpipe plus catback exhaust from the many available I'm sure I would see at least a 30whp gain to put me at 350 whp on 91 octane, and 360-365 whp on 93 octane.

Once procede version 2 comes out, with a full exhaust I expect AT LEAST 380 whp, Probably 390 whp on 91 and 400whp on 93 octane.

I'm not going to buy it because I'm first on the list for the 135i. When I get my 135i I plan on modding it heavily. I have a feeling that the 135i exhaust will be more restrictive then the dual 335i is. We will probably see slightly bigger gains with full exhaust on our 135i's as a result.

1300.00 for Procede v2 plus dp and catback for 2,000.00, For 3,300.00 our 135i's will have more whp and way more wtorque then the new m3 and weigh less.

For those of you that love modding, GET READY!

My other mods for the 135i include:

-Procede
-full exhaust
-carbon fiber driveshaft (my friend is making me one at cost, he owns a cf shop)
-Carbon fiber roof w/no sunroof(same friend at cost)
-KW v3's
-AC SCHNITZER type IV bi-color 19 x 9.5 /265 PS2's rear, 19x8.5/235's front
-PS2 tires
-quaife LSD
-Brembo's (depending on what brakes come with it)
-Carbon fiber mirrors and front/rear spoilers

WIth the forged wheels, carbon roof and driveshaft, non-rft's, full exhaust I should lose about 150lbs from the stock version, with a much lower center of gravity, much less rotational mass/unsprung weight, and obviously add gobs of power.

I'm psyched!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #2
eMINI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

No one is responding to your post because...

We're afraid

Kidding aside, it sounds like you're building a giant-killer. May I gently recommend a half-dozen BMW CCA Driver's schools if you haven't already had them?
2010 135i Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Red Leather | Poplar Grey Wood Trim | 6MT | Premium pack | M Sport pack | Heated Seats | HK Premium sound | USB | Smartphone integration | Automatic high beams
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMINI View Post
No one is responding to your post because...

We're afraid

Kidding aside, it sounds like you're building a giant-killer. May I gently recommend a half-dozen BMW CCA Driver's schools if you haven't already had them?

Your absolutely right. They have bmw driving schools once a month where I'm at, it's a good time to start.

I go play in some seriously twisty canyons as it is already, but I drive with all the electronic nannies on (for now) I have alot to learn, but I can beat my buddies on there honda 919 and triumph 1050 speed triple up the canyons, due to the twisties of course.

I'm still worried about the overheating, I have AT and I routinely see temps of 280 degrees when flogging it hard up the canyons, and I have the air/oil cooler.

From what I've seen the MT aren't generating as much heat, they will hover around 260 even on track days.

I'm hoping by the time the 1er comes out BMW will have addressed this, cross your fingers, or if your getting a MT you'll be fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 02:06 AM   #4
TMK001
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Nice plans. I like your thinking. What body color are you going with. I eagerly await pics of your car during the modifying process.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #5
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

I got the modifying bug with my MX-5 and I dont think I want to do the same with this one. It will be hard to ignore a Vishnu tuning kit, but anything else gets too expensive too quickly. Hope you enjoy it, though.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMK001 View Post
Nice plans. I like your thinking. What body color are you going with. I eagerly await pics of your car during the modifying process.

As far as cosmetics go. I am planning Alpine white (my last two bimmers have been black).

With AC SCHNITZER TYPE IV bi-color wheels (aluminum face, black on everything else.

-BLACK Carbon fiber mirrors and some sort of black carbon fiber front and rear bumper configuration. Then I will get either OEM or aftermarket black carbon fiber spoiler but I will paint most of it alpine white leaving just about 1.5 inches of the black cf showing where it connects to the rear trunk as opposed to the outside edge. Also a black carbon fiber roof ala M6 look, minusing the sunroof.

Probably only drop the back .75 inches and the front 1 inch.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #7
TMK001
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Two thumbs up... like I said, I look forward to seeing your pics of the modifying process.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #8
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Wow, man. I'm definitely buying an Alpine White also. I cant wait to see the results of your car.

Question: Does a downpipe void your warranty?
      07-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #9
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Wow, man. I'm definitely buying an Alpine White also. I cant wait to see the results of your car.

It shoudn't void your warranty. Exhaust is by far one of the most popular mods, I think any car manufacturer would get some serious flak for that. It is best to get your car tuned specifically for any exhaust changes however. The aforementioned results formt he dp are without a tune, expect at least 5whp with a tune. The "chip" makers will be coming out with full exhaust TBE tunes shortly I'm sure. I believe with just a chip and full tBE and tune, we will be making at least 380whp on 91 octane, probably closer to 390, and 400whp with 93+octane.

The neat thing about his dp is that it will work with the stock catback or a after market one. The DP will be the best mod other then a chip.

I have a feeling that our 135i exhaust will be a bit more restrictive then the 335i's full dual exhaust, which means we will see if bigger gains with full exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #10
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
It will only if a problem results because of it which is an extremely unlikely scenario. Exhaust mods are about as low risk as it gets when it comes to warranty issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #11
imported_tdc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

No need for Brembos since the 135i comes with 6-piston Brembos already.

07-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #12
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

wow, its gonna look a bit crazy for my tastes but that is going to be a nice ride. hook me up with your carbon fiber part fabricator buddy!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #13
grant
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1973 Porsche 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
No need for Brembos since the 135i comes with 6-piston Brembos already.

They come with 6-piston front calipers, but the photos don't look like Brembos - I think they're something lesser than Brembos...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 08:03 AM   #14
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Caution: for states with Cali-esque emission laws (like where I live) and inspections, you will likely not be able to pass inspection with that downpipe, unless you somehow find a way to shoehorn the two cats elsewhere that these downpipes looks like they would eliminate.

I highly doubt there's a lot of room under these cars for adding those two missing cats in easily.

Edit - One more thing. Since nobody has tested this with a 135i (apparently they have tested this on a 335) there is no guarantee this won't throw a Check Engine Light either, at this point.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #15
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Caution: for states with Cali-esque emission laws (like where I live) and inspections, you will likely not be able to pass inspection with that downpipe, unless you somehow find a way to shoehorn the two cats elsewhere that these downpipes looks like they would eliminate.

I highly doubt there's a lot of room under these cars for adding those two missing cats in easily.

Edit - One more thing. Since nobody has tested this with a 135i (apparently they have tested this on a 335) there is no guarantee this won't throw a Check Engine Light either, at this point.

335i comes stock with 4 cats, 2 for each side. So, if you eliminate only the downpipe cats, but not the other you will pass cali NP. This engine burns extremely clean.

WItht he 335i a guy in cali passed with the dp cat removed and only a hi-flow race cat placed almost all the way back.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #16
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

I'm not doubting you, but one person passing in Cali, with aftermarket cats and in a different car than we're talking about here, doesn't necessarily mean you'll "pass cali NP" in a 135i. Nobody's gotten their hands on this car yet. There is no way anybody could tell that at this time, or even if there's enough room to fit these 335i downpipes...

The mods that are being planned on your car would make it quite the monster nonetheless! You should be able to shave more than 200lbs if you also use aftermarket seats. They make some rear nice aftermarket lightweight reclining seats these days.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #17
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
I'm not doubting you, but one person passing in Cali, with aftermarket cats and in a different car than we're talking about here, doesn't necessarily mean you'll "pass cali NP" in a 135i. Nobody's gotten their hands on this car yet. There is no way anybody could tell that at this time, or even if there's enough room to fit these 335i downpipes...

The mods that are being planned on your car would make it quite the monster nonetheless! You should be able to shave more than 200lbs if you also use aftermarket seats. They make some rear nice aftermarket lightweight reclining seats these days.
One way or another, let's just say, we'll make it pass.

Yes, I'm looking into seats right now. I'm hoping I can setup an easy on/off for light seats and stock seats.

My friend is giving me a 4' ss exhaust for my 1er. I will have it custom fabbed within a couple of weeks when I get my car. I just have to pick a muffler and Hi flow race cat. I'm plannin on using the 335i's DP's though. They are so short and compact already I'd be very surprised is they can't be used on the 1er.

I don't think I need a single 4 incher, probably 3.5 would be best for 400whp, but the 4 incher is free, so I'll take it. It certainly won't hurt. THe DP's are twin 3 inchers.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #18
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Taking a peek at the 1wall15.jpg (the back end of the car from the photos thread), I plopped it into GIMP (a great Linux photo editor) and hit the brightness and contrast to see what I could see of the detail under the bumper - the muffler is tucked under the left rear and I suspect that the battery will be tucked away in the right rear of the car (as low as they can get it). I wish that they'd make the thing a true dual all the way to the tailpipe - but I suspect that they merge at the muffler.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #19
haram3
Rep
Drives:

Yet another reasonthis car is going to be sweet...We haven't even seen the prices on them yet and already we are schemeing how to make the faster. Amen to M3 killers for half the price!