E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > my e90 got hit and run..I can't fix this, help!

05-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
BM2006i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

my e90 got hit and run..I can't fix this, help!

Hi, sad day to say... Drove to work today.. and I parked e90 in a one way street from morning to evening.. When I left work and walked to my car.. I saw a paint scrape at the tip of my Driver's side mirror cover..I was like.. WTF....and also noticed that the 2 halves of the case is separated slightly..(((I think how this happened is 1 car double parked on the other side and another car tried to freaking squeeze through.. )))) No broken pieces from the case other then the 2 pieces sparated, the mirror lens is intact.. I tried to push and snap the mirror case back in place but it wouldn't. Once I got it in it's original position and let go.. it would loosen up again... is there a way to snap it back in the proper place?.. .. damn freaking inconsiderate drivers. Help!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

Sorry to hear. you should bring it back to the dealership to have them put it back! Best of luck
      05-20-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Make an insurance claim. Get an estimate for repair. Get it fixed.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #4
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Although sad to read that yet another sicko caused damage to someone elses car, you are fortunate that the damage was limited to the cover and that the bodywork was not affected. I agree with canucklion that your dealer should be able to snap the pieces together again. Not sure about the paintwork though.

All the best.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM2006i
Hi, sad day to say... Drove to work today.. and I parked e90 in a one way street from morning to evening.. When I left work and walked to my car.. I saw a paint scrape at the tip of my Driver's side mirror cover..I was like.. WTF....and also noticed that the 2 halves of the case is separated slightly..(((I think how this happened is 1 car double parked on the other side and another car tried to freaking squeeze through.. )))) No broken pieces from the case other then the 2 pieces sparated, the mirror lens is intact.. I tried to push and snap the mirror case back in place but it wouldn't. Once I got it in it's original position and let go.. it would loosen up again... is there a way to snap it back in the proper place?.. .. damn freaking inconsiderate drivers. Help!
That sucks. I'd get an estimate and see what the cost is to fix. Comprehensive deductibles are normally less then collision deductibles so after you get the estimate see if the insurance will handle it as a comp claim. If not, depending on your deductible and the cost of the fix, it may have to be handled out of pocket.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 08:06 PM   #6
BM2006i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

would it cost alot to have the dealer snap it back to it's proper position? It's just labor isn't it?.. I don't think there's broken pieces.. If it just leave it as is.. it just has a extra 3 mm gap from it's original..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #7
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM2006i
would it cost alot to have the dealer snap it back to it's proper position? It's just labor isn't it?.. I don't think there's broken pieces.. If it just leave it as is.. it just has a extra 3 mm gap from it's original..
Hard to say. It could be a "couple hour" job if they have to take it off the car, take it apart and put it back to together to really fix. You don't want that thing to not be solid and take a chance on water, etc getting in that gap and affecting any of the components inside the mirror. If the gap is in a location where that could be an issue.
Appreciate 0