BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    Hit & Runner caught red handed!

01-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

Hit & Runner caught red handed!

So I was having a sandwich at the deli the other day. The store happens to have a nice big window where I can see my car and lots of others. When this couple pulled in and rammed this parked van. I did not see how much damage was done. Long story short, the van was violently jolted, so I'm sure it was more than just a blemish! Even worse, this could have been my car one spot over! . So the woman runs into the store to pick up a sandwich, and she is looking around all paranoid.

She thought she was out of the weeds when she got to the deli door to leave. But instead I was standing there and asked if she planned to leave her insurance info on the van that she jsut ran into. Sure enough, her response was "there was no damage" .

I was glad to see as I was pulling away that she had a pen and paper and was hopefully leaving info.

I just dont understand people like this. I would hope others would do the same for me. Rant over.

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

I feel the same, if I was to ever accidentally hit a car and the owner wasn't around, I'd leave my informations for sure. I just do to others in hopes that they will do to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
I've seen way to many hit and runs. I always write down the vehicle description and tag info along with my contact info and leave it on the car that got hit.

I actually chased a guy over half of Tallahassee to get his tag number.
      01-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
krote345
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 328i

Garage List
2008 E90  [0.00]
Ditto, write the tag/info on my business card and leave it. I've never been the victim of a bad hit and run but I've definitely suffered some pretty serious door dings. People really don't give a shit about other people's property.

Jet Black, 6MT, CW Pkg, PS, iPod, Style 189 Wheels
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I've seen way to many hit and runs. I always write down the vehicle description and tag info along with my contact info and leave it on the car that got hit.

I actually chased a guy over half of Tallahassee to get his tag number.
Now THATS dedication!

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
You did the right thing!!.....Kinda

What IF she didn't leave her info??

I think the right thing to do, is to call the police OR you find the onwer of the other car (Van) and tell him/her about what happened, and if you don't want to do that cuz you were in a hurry....You could've atleast taken her plate number, license, insurance. You know what? Calling the police is the best option lol
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

After a movie late at night I was walking to my car and saw these kids get into a beater that was parked next to a really nice car (forgot what it was) and the last one to get in on the passenger side slammed the door into the nice car like 10 times - WAM WAM WAM WAM - and then took off.

I left a note on nice cars window that said I witnessed it and wrote down the kids license plate and left my name and number as I witnessed it happen.

Never heard a thing about it - crazy...
________
Suzuki GSX series
________
cheap vaporizers
________
Uhwh

Last edited by stimpy; 02-18-2011 at 04:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

I was a victim of a hit and run driver 3 times!!!! 2 of the times, it happened at the pay parking lots. The first time when it happened to me, the driver left a note with a fake name and number. The second time, the driver did not leave anything at all. The third time the driver side swiped my car while I was driving.

Moral of the story? It's much safer to park your car on the street if it's a good neighbourhood. I used to park on the street in the residential area which is a upper middle class neighbourhood and it was never damaged at all. Just don't park your car in Jewish neighbourhood because Jewish people love to vandalize German cars. My aunt drives a Mercedes and every single time she parks her car on the street of this Jewish neighbourhood her car would get vandalized like having the Mercedes logo ripped off or her car would get keyed.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #9
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThree View Post
So I was having a sandwich at the deli the other day. The store happens to have a nice big window where I can see my car and lots of others. When this couple pulled in and rammed this parked van. I did not see how much damage was done. Long story short, the van was violently jolted, so I'm sure it was more than just a blemish! Even worse, this could have been my car one spot over! . So the woman runs into the store to pick up a sandwich, and she is looking around all paranoid.

She thought she was out of the weeds when she got to the deli door to leave. But instead I was standing there and asked if she planned to leave her insurance info on the van that she jsut ran into. Sure enough, her response was "there was no damage" .

I was glad to see as I was pulling away that she had a pen and paper and was hopefully leaving info.

I just dont understand people like this. I would hope others would do the same for me. Rant over.
People of Massachusetts are not called MAssholes for nothing.......
      01-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
branabolic
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

a woman nicked my sideview today while i was stuck in traffic and her lane was moving. tried to follow her but she got away. green ford focus but i didnt see the tags. luckily it only left a half inch mark of green paint on the black trim of my mirror. haha and oh ya she had massachusetts tags. she will die if i ever find her!
      01-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #11
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by branabolic View Post
a woman nicked my sideview today while i was stuck in traffic and her lane was moving. tried to follow her but she got away. green ford focus but i didnt see the tags. luckily it only left a half inch mark of green paint on the black trim of my mirror. haha and oh ya she had massachusetts tags. she will die if i ever find her!
If you found her, you should have her arrested for hit and run......
      01-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #12
branabolic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
If you found her, you should have her arrested for hit and run......
the thing is though is that she was old and the impact was so slight she would have just told the cops she didnt even realize it happened.

"i guess its true what they say. senior citizens although slow, and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose"--- dumb and dumber
      01-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #13
branabolic
Major
Rep

try this one on for size, not a hit and run but makes me even more enfuriated...
monday the 12th i pull into the gym lot on the right of a passat about to leave. the girl was looking over her opposite shoulder so i beep three times to let her know i'm there. sure enough she cuts the wheel all the way and guns it making her front right bumper swing into my rear left quarter. sure enough shes a dumb 18yo girl and tells me her "daddy" takes car of all her insurance shit. i go to call the police for an accident report and she begs me not to because she left her license at home and didnt want to get a fine for driving without it. i say fine(plus it was 8degrees and shes in booty shorts) and we exchange numbers and info. i talk to her dad and he seems nice and says we will handle this like adults. talked to the ins. companies and they say all should be fine just need to get her statement. week plus goes by and nothing. called the ins. co. yesterday and they say they cant get a hold of her. so i decide to call her. "hey this is brandon the guy u backed into. just wondering if you knew Progressive still needs your statement?"... her with ATTITUDE...." umm yeah but im still in highschool therefor i'm too busy and i'm doing homework right now so dont call me!!!" and hangs up. i nearly put my fist in my wall and text her dad. "mike we need to have a talk call me" no shit this is his response via text..... " brandon i told you we would have the insurance companies handle this. dont EVER try and contact my daughter again" WTF!!!!!!! whatever happened to being adults? she is a fucking adult(18yo) and she needs to stop being a piece of shit and call the company dont ya think? when i was 18 my father damn well made sure i accepted responsibility for my actions. plus bitch, dont give me that im to busy with HS shit. i work 50 plus hours a week and can pull 5 mins out of my day to handle this stuff. i am actually shaking with anger as i type this out.... rant over
      01-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #14
branabolic
Major
Rep

oh and they say bad shit happens in threes.
1. gym incident
2. brought my dads truck on tuesday to get a remote starter installed that i bought him for xmas and i pulled forward into a snowbank with a huge ice chunk in it and it cracked the bumper( my fault only, actually got out and laughed my ass off)
3. the old lady nicking my rearview today.

i guess now that the three came and went i'll be all set for little while i hope!
      01-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #15
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Worst thing you can do is not call the police. I don't care how much someone begs, I'm calling them.
      01-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #16
branabolic
Major
Rep

i hope your right man! this sucks even more because i have to see her and her dad at the gym all the time so its crazy awkward! oh ya and when she was beggin me not to call the cops i was like i dunno because i really dont wanna get screwed here, i work really hard to have my car and i really like it. she was like no i'm telling you i'm a really good kid and this and that. obviously she's a really good liar too.
      01-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #17
dreamk
Banned
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
i would leave...... fake info.......
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #18
Kev
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by branabolic View Post
i hope your right man! this sucks even more because i have to see her and her dad at the gym all the time so its crazy awkward! oh ya and when she was beggin me not to call the cops i was like i dunno because i really dont wanna get screwed here, i work really hard to have my car and i really like it. she was like no i'm telling you i'm a really good kid and this and that. obviously she's a really good liar too.
There's a time frame where you can still file a police report. I say you get your car fixed now and have your insurance company go after the other party. Your rates will not go up that way. The other way to fuck with them is to take them and their insurance company to small claims. It will create so much hassle for them to go to court and testify. If they failed to pay up, you can even put a lien on her car and their house. It will be fun to watch in this economic environment.

If I'm in my dick mood, I would just post fliers all over the gym to embarrass them both. High school and you need to study? That's fucking BS and you are over 18, so take some fucking responsibility now. She would be a really good attorney when she grows up, or a sleazy / slutty pharamceutical sales rep.......
      01-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #19
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThree View Post

I love to catch someone after the "think" they got away with whatever it was ........ awesome dude!

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #20
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
People of Massachusetts are not called MAssholes for nothing.......
Tom Brady is not a MAsshole.

Go Patriots.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0