BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    Iphone 3G vs Blackberry Storm?

01-22-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Iphone 3G vs Blackberry Storm?

Anybody have one and switched to the other?
Wondering about PHONE performance, easy of use, user friendliness, etc.
Also areas that need improvement, aggravations of each, etc.

Now I know the Iphone is really only available with AT&T (and that's the biggest drawback of it I know) as Verizon is superior no matter what false advertising AT&T states with it's "more bars in more places" phrase. Funny, study after study, it's always near the bottom. And that was true for me too when I had AT&T then switched to Verizon, Verizon just walks all over AT&T for coverage in most areas of the U.S. I've travelled.

But that's a different topic, please comment on the two phone's performances and so forth. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
The only drawback to the Storm is that it doesnt have Wifi and all the cool apps the iPhone has.. The 3G speed is pretty fast on the Storm, its just that no matter how good Verizon's 3G network is, it can't possibly work in every location to its fullest. Needless to say, I am very happy with my Storm.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Icedog_16
No Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335is

I don't have a Mac, but I have a Storm. Can't you just drag-and-drop? That's all I needed to do with my stuff.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
Jet335i
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 F96 X6MC, '11 E92 M3

I went from verizon (dare) to att iphone 3g. Obviously, the network difference is night and day...but the iphone just did so much i couldn't pass it up. Obviously I can't comment on the storm, but I'll say that in my area, the iphone with a half-way decent network beat out a fantastic network with a shitty phone.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

If you have coverage in ur area with ATT go with Iphone...if not then go with the Storm if you u can't get reception.

I love the Iphone, if they had it for Verizon i'd buy it, but ATT don't work in my house, ghetto ass neighborhood

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

did a bad job answering ur post, lol....

Iphone has a lot of applications i like, and it's true touch screen, the storm you gotta click, sometimes it gets annoying

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK911Carrera View Post
How do you get music on your Storm if you have a Mac? I'm having sooo much trouble doing so. And my application center is EMPTY! WHY!!!!???! I feel as stupid as Blake's posts right now!

-AK
I use VMWare to run windows xp on it.. Works flawlessly, before VMWare I tried Parallels and Crossover both of which could not run the BB Software.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog_16 View Post
I don't have a Mac, but I have a Storm. Can't you just drag-and-drop? That's all I needed to do with my stuff.
The BB Software you need to do this for isnt compatible with Mac OS, hence why I run Windows though VMWare.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
If you have coverage in ur area with ATT go with Iphone...if not then go with the Storm if you u can't get reception.

I love the Iphone, if they had it for Verizon i'd buy it, but ATT don't work in my house, ghetto ass neighborhood

If Apple ever signed a contract with Verizon to sell the Iphone, say goodbye to all other phones and networks.

Verizon is the best network, bar NONE. Somebody should sue AT&T for their claims of "more bars in more places". It just ain't true.
I had SO many dead spots with AT&T living in LA for fuk sake's.
Verizon just kills them coverage wise.

But that's what I was afraid of, the Iphone is the better phone, and I knew that Verizon is the better (best) carrier.
I just can't risk what you are doing though. I missed phone call for me could cost me thousands and thousands in lost work/$

I just can't risk going back to AT&T until they ACTUALLY do have "more bars in more places" like they claim.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #10
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Apple actually brought the iPhone to Verizon first, but Verizon didn't accept.

-AK
They rejected the apples offer for the iPhone because apples morals didn't meet up to VZW's expectations, look at how they treat the music industry for example..

You can't say ones better than the other, in what aspects do you think the iPhone is better than the Storm? Both are great but also for very different lifestyles.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #11
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Apple actually brought the iPhone to Verizon first, but Verizon didn't accept.

-AK

Yeah, I heard about that.
My guess is it didn't have anything to do with morals or whatnot.
Like 99% of business dealings that don't pan out, it's about money. Apple probably wanted a bigger piece of the pie than Verizon was willing to dish out.
AT&T on the other hand NEEDED the boost from the iphone sales, as they know their service and coverage doesn't match up to Verizon.

It's a bummer, iphone and Verizon combo would be ideal I guess.
How's the font size on the Storm? Can it be enlarged.
I notice that the iphone is large and easy to read and Blackberry's in the past have this itty bitty font size that makes it hard to read a text or something when on the move.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Yep, if iPhone and Verizon collaborate, say good bye to every other carrier, and then Verizon will find a way to fuck the anti trust law and monopolize everything...and we have to pay more for our plans

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0