New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

01-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Now able to order...

Had a phone call from my dealer at lunchtime. They now appear to be in a position to accept orders. He has a list of all the UK options and costs, and we actually chatted over the phone with regard the exact spec I'm looking for. I said I would call in and speak to him in the next few days to pick up the brochures and chat further with the view to placing an order fairly soon.
      01-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
Had a phone call from my dealer at lunchtime. They now appear to be in a position to accept orders. He has a list of all the UK options and costs, and we actually chatted over the phone with regard the exact spec I'm looking for. I said I would call in and speak to him in the next few days to pick up the brochures and chat further with the view to placing an order fairly soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
AndyE1976
Brit in GA
United_States
Rep
Drives: Saab 9-3SE Cab

Excellent news, hopefully they'll make it available on the websites soon.

It's hard to translate the euro options into the packages that BMW insists on giving US customers. Let alone trying to figure out how the costs translate.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
JJ_Wonderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Just Ordered

Popped into my dealer yesterday and ordered my Z4. Following spec:

SDrive35i

Deep Sea Blue
Canberra Beige Leather
19" Wheels (V-spoke style 296)
DCT (I know, i know )
Adaptive M suspension
Elec folder mirrors
Wind deflector
Sports seats (heated)
Storage
Parking sensors (for my girlfriend )
Nav system
Bluetooth phone prep
USB connection

I was told that one other person had already placed an order but the guy serving me wasn't sure the model. Should find out next week when the build date is. They tell me that delivery should be sometime in May (the earlier the better).

Will keep you all posted.

JJ.

Last edited by JJ_Wonderboy; 01-24-2009 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: Typos
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Wonderboy View Post
Popped into my dealer yesterday and ordered my Z4. Following spec:

SDrive35i

Deep Sea Blue
Canberra Beige Leather
19" Wheels (V-spoke style 296)
DCT (I know, i know )
Adaptive M suspension
Elec folder mirrors
Wind deflector
Sports seats (heated)
Storage
Nav system
Bluetooth phone prep
USB connection

I was told that one other person had already placed an order but the guy serving me wasn't sure the model. Should find out next week when the build date is. They tell me that delivery should be sometime in May (the earlier the better).

Will keep you all posted.

JJ.
You are the man. You ordered the car without ever seeing it and test driving it?

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
JJ_Wonderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
You are the man. You ordered the car without ever seeing it and test driving it?
Some things you just have to do...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
teezee
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, E46 325iT

Quote:
Do you run into your girlfriend a lot?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #8
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Some things you just have to do...
True true.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Talking

I have also just joined the Deep sea blue queue....

sDrive 23i
Deep sea blue
19" V-spoke (style 296)
Kansas leather - Black
Heated front seats
Sport seats
Front/rear park distance control
Rain sensor with auto light activation
Extended lights package
Professional navigation multimedia system

Also managed to negotiate a significant discount off the list price!

Estimated delivery date: 11th May ... they thought it would be unlikely I could get it before the 9th May launch date.
      01-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

That's 2 members with orders placed already!! Congrats to you both!

Got a feeling that deep sea blue is going to be one popular color
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
nixte
Rep
Drives: Z4 e89

% of discount to contract???
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #12
dds
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster

I drive only roadsters, I love BMW roadsters and that is why I am driving currently, BMW 2007 BMW Z4 3.0i fully loaded, no navigation, no sport package (too rought) but with all due respect, this is a brand new car with considerable more weight than the E 86, hardtop instead of softop, Untested yet by anyone not even majore auto magazines such as CarandDriver.com, Motortrend.com and others. I think its a bit premature to order a car that you havent even test driven. Like it or not there are issues that calls for such test, such as the considerable extra weight, level of handling of this new Z4, and others. You guys should have excercised a bit more patience.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #13
Shakal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dds View Post
I drive only roadsters, I love BMW roadsters and that is why I am driving currently, BMW 2007 BMW Z4 3.0i fully loaded, no navigation, no sport package (too rought) but with all due respect, this is a brand new car with considerable more weight than the E 86, hardtop instead of softop, Untested yet by anyone not even majore auto magazines such as CarandDriver.com, Motortrend.com and others. I think its a bit premature to order a car that you havent even test driven. Like it or not there are issues that calls for such test, such as the considerable extra weight, level of handling of this new Z4, and others. You guys should have excercised a bit more patience.
Completly agree with you... I will order a car after test drive, according to my dealer I will get it for a test in beginning of March. Then I will make my choice...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #14
kones
Rep
Drives: POS

While I agree with your sentiment, it's their prerogative. If they want to order to make sure they don't have to wait, regardless of what actual tests determine, that's their right. I, too, will wait until I get results, but understand the need to be an early adopter by some.

Those people are pretty important to the success of a car just as much as the rest of us.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #15
viper4011
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive 23i

First, not all markets are like the US market. Don't assume test drives are available. I live in Greece and i will buy a sDrive23 in the summer (i wish i could order it sooner but i cant). While not 100% sure on this, i believe that not all models are available for test drives. Unlike the US where you can test drive the exact car you are going to buy unless you order one with specific extras, here the dealers have one car that everyone test drives and they usually have the lower end models. My bmw dealer has a 116i and a 316i that say "TEST DRIVE" on the side and that's it. Anything else and you're pretty much stuck with just looking at it and sitting in it before you buy. I've seen an X6 from another dealer, but i think the only reason for that is because the owner of the dealership uses it. That way he also promotes his business.

Second, from what i understand these people have driven BMWs before and trust that the new sports model will be as good as any of the old ones if not better.
I drive a lot in my father's 325i which is about the same weight as the sDrive23i and i find it exceptional. OK, the 325 has 12 more horsepower but i'm not that picky. The sDrive23 should be enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
you can order a car in the states and you are not legally obligated to purchase it. You will lose your deposit, but that is it. In Europe I don't believe that is the case, but I am not sure. Anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 03:06 AM   #17
dds
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster

the new Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakal View Post
Completly agree with you... I will order a car after test drive, according to my dealer I will get it for a test in beginning of March. Then I will make my choice...
You Know Shakal, the one issue that I truly fear the most about the new Z4 is that it will handle like a Touring and not as a true roadster like the current Z4 or the Boxster, mainly due to the extra weight and the hardtop. As far as I am concerned, the one only issue that will matter when this car is finally tested will be its handling level (everything else should be ok).

Not passing any judgments since no test is available yet, but I hope there isn't much loss in the area of handling in the new car and if that is the case then I would definitely sign up for one and make it the last roadster to pay for. If it does handle more like a touring (compared to current Z4 and Boxster) than I will keep my car. Will see.......
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 04:13 AM   #18
Shakal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
I have also just joined the Deep sea blue queue....

sDrive 23i
Deep sea blue
19" V-spoke (style 296)
Kansas leather - Black
Heated front seats
Sport seats
Front/rear park distance control
Rain sensor with auto light activation
Extended lights package
Professional navigation multimedia system

Also managed to negotiate a significant discount off the list price!

Estimated delivery date: 11th May ... they thought it would be unlikely I could get it before the 9th May launch date.
Congratulations

I will make my order probably in March (after test drive), I hope I will get it this summer
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 04:15 AM   #19
Shakal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dds View Post
You Know Shakal, the one issue that I truly fear the most about the new Z4 is that it will handle like a Touring and not as a true roadster like the current Z4 or the Boxster, mainly due to the extra weight and the hardtop. As far as I am concerned, the one only issue that will matter when this car is finally tested will be its handling level (everything else should be ok).

Not passing any judgments since no test is available yet, but I hope there isn't much loss in the area of handling in the new car and if that is the case then I would definitely sign up for one and make it the last roadster to pay for. If it does handle more like a touring (compared to current Z4 and Boxster) than I will keep my car. Will see.......
Im confident new Z4's handling will be at least same good as old one had. But still, every car I drive before I order it, so same will be with this one..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 07:06 AM   #20
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Congrats! What are the other available exterior/interior colors anyways?

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 07:40 AM   #21
AndyE1976
Brit in GA
United_States
Rep
Drives: Saab 9-3SE Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
Congrats! What are the other available exterior/interior colors anyways?
Try here:

http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193789
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #22
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Thanks to everyone for the positive comments.

My dealer tells me that they can't actually place the factory order at the moment, although they should be able to do this in February. To be honest I'm not particularly bothered about having one of the first on the road - the circumstances around my existing car and work commitments make it appealing to have something new around May, so the timing is pretty much spot on. If the new Z4 wasn't being launched in May, I would probably have went for a Boxster or Cayman, but given that I think the new Z4 is totally stunning, I'm glad I've ordered and have no regrets or worries about not having had a test drive in one.

Since the site admin's posted the launch photos back in December and have provided us with constant updates and spyshots for over a year, I will try equally as hard to get some good feedback and pictures on the car after I collect it.