E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > 328xi bad drivetrain rattle shudder transfer case

05-09-2023, 04:10 AM   #1
steven08coupe92
Rep
Drives: 08' BMW e92 328xi 6mt

328xi bad drivetrain rattle shudder transfer case

Need help! I'm getting a pretty bad rattle from the transfer case/driveshaft/ maybe diff area, it is not quite clear. 08 328xi manual transmission, when let the clutch out to get moving I hear this rattling noise. The less smooth you make the engagement the louder the little jult/shudder is. Every rattle is right at the bitgin point of clutch when I engage. In out in out to make the noise. I thought it was the rear diff, or maybe diff bushings, but it feels and sounds more likely to be around the TC. Note: clutch, flywheel, front driveshaft all replaced by PO professionally less than 20k miles ago. The noise is louder when engaging clutch in reverse, but I only get noise when engaging sloppily. Makes sound in both awd & rwd mode with xdelete.

ALSO: I have these codes[
054C6 -had this for ~8k miles, I neglected it bc I read it was just a mileage based warning light
0055C3 -New code VSGS no DXC target torque setting
00604F - New code error transmission channel VL

Does this sound very familiar to you guys? Is my TC dead? I don't want the TC to blow up on my 500mi trip from school in AZ to home in CA.

HERE IS My VID https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7NCppp25jTA
Appreciate 0