E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > New to the forum.

05-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
xeta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver 330xi, 6MT

New to the forum.

Hey guys, I've been browsing these forums for a few weeks now (Just ordered my new 330xi Last week) to get a feel for how the owners enjoy their cars and such. I think this is a great community with alot of good end user information and opinions.

That being said, I have a question. This may seem like easy questions but I don't see them answered here (in detail).

1. Everyone seems to be reccommending Zaino products for protecting their new cars finish. Isn't Zaino only a polish? I thought polishes were only for removing swirls and contaminants from paint, not protecting? Is there something I'm missing? Should I use a different companies wax after I'm done Zaino'ing?

2. From what I've been reading most people would reccommend the Ultimate Protection kit from Zaino. Do they send you a list of directions on what to use when and how? I'm confused by the massive amounts of products they are giving you and where they all fit in. (I only washed / waxed my E36 325is. With the occasional polish every now and then)

3. I travel alot and am unable to spend alot of time on maintenance of the paint. Whats the largest amount of time I can go without using the zaino products? Is there something better for lasting shine/appearance?

4. The Zaino website sure looks cheaply done. Bad navigation, cart system is totally ancient. For a company that "Is the best out there" how come they cant afford a better designer? Heck, I'de be willing to design a new site, cart system, detailed picture gallery donwloadable product guides for them along with nav etc, in exchange for their products (if they are the best).
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
afocoryw20
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 + 325xi

Garage List
2006 325XI  [0.00]
2005 X3  [0.00]
1990 Mercedes Benz ...  [0.00]
Read the FAQ's on Zaino's website. All of your questions will be answered there.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeta
Hey guys, I've been browsing these forums for a few weeks now (Just ordered my new 330xi Last week) to get a feel for how the owners enjoy their cars and such. I think this is a great community with alot of good end user information and opinions.

That being said, I have a question. This may seem like easy questions but I don't see them answered here (in detail).

1. Everyone seems to be reccommending Zaino products for protecting their new cars finish. Isn't Zaino only a polish? I thought polishes were only for removing swirls and contaminants from paint, not protecting? Is there something I'm missing? Should I use a different companies wax after I'm done Zaino'ing?

2. From what I've been reading most people would reccommend the Ultimate Protection kit from Zaino. Do they send you a list of directions on what to use when and how? I'm confused by the massive amounts of products they are giving you and where they all fit in. (I only washed / waxed my E36 325is. With the occasional polish every now and then)

3. I travel alot and am unable to spend alot of time on maintenance of the paint. Whats the largest amount of time I can go without using the zaino products? Is there something better for lasting shine/appearance?

4. The Zaino website sure looks cheaply done. Bad navigation, cart system is totally ancient. For a company that "Is the best out there" how come they cant afford a better designer? Heck, I'de be willing to design a new site, cart system, detailed picture gallery donwloadable product guides for them along with nav etc, in exchange for their products (if they are the best).
1. Zaino calls their products 'show car polishes', but don't let the name fool you. Z2/Z3/Z5 are all synthetic sealants that will protect your paint. The only true polish in the Zaino lineup is ZPC. It is a mild abrasive polish that can be used 1-2 times a year by hand or machine.

2. I'm not sure if they send you anything with the kit. However, if you look on their site they have an application guide which includes which of their products to use and when to use them. I also wrote a Zaino application guide in my Detailing 101 article stickied at the top of this forum.

3. Zaino will be perfect for your situation. It is the most durable prodcut on the market and will hold its look for the longest. You can go anywhere from 6-12 months without touching your paint. Environmental factors as well as how often you drive the car will determine how many months you actually get between 6 and 12.

4. No idea. I personally don't think the site is bad at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 10:50 PM   #4
xeta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver 330xi, 6MT

Big thanks to DavidN & Zuerst for helping to answer my questions.
Appreciate 0