E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > oil light periodicly comes on.

01-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

oil light periodicly comes on.

hey all!

my oil light(the pail) will come on for a second and chime then go right away a second later. it does it from time to time and wondering if anyone else came across this issue and what did they do about it? it picks and chooses when it will go on and i dont want to take it to the dealership because its likely not going to go on while with them and result with nothing done.

after it goes on i check the oil level and it says its at max. i'll also go to "engine check" and it says everything is ok also no engine light or limp mode so far. it started to do this ~ a week or two after the dealership did a oil change. i would just replace the sensor but its $200.

thanks in advance for anyones advice or input!!!

teri

gotta do what i gotta do to get them donuts
04 spec-v: rip dec07
Appreciate 0