BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

01-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
karalunj
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Computer,tranny, excessive noise

New to this forum but looking anywhere I can to gain information on my new nightmare. I bought a 2008 M3 coupe with DCT and all upgrades...$78k with warranty. Everything was fine until I took it in for error message on screen stating transmission would automatically go into "P" once in neutral and to seek dealer assistance. An innocent trip to the dealer turns into a recall update 20+ hours to program car and when i get it back many things inside including lights, sunroof, cd, etc...don't work. I take it back and they fix those issues and I leave only to have the same error message show up on screen. After 1 week+ I get a new shifter part installed and I have haed this car ever since. The car ocassionally misses a gear on up shift, tachs all the way out and settles in once I let off peddle. Take it back again and get it back with a click on the shifter especially in 1st, 2nd, and 5th. What a pile of crap. I have been without my car for a total of about 1 month and BMW offered to make my last months payment but I am concerned. Is anybody having these issues? The bluetooth engages when it wants and my Ipod was not recognized the other day. I am looking at legal means to leave the car if BMW doesn't step up and buy me another in it's place....Help appreciated!
Appreciate 0