F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 435d drive chain error
GetBMWParts

03-31-2023, 03:29 PM   #1
Lennardh
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435D

435d drive chain error

Hello guys,

I'm new here and just bought my first bmw a couple weeks ago. This week my care developed it's first problem, coolant leakage. I found out what the problem was, there was a crack in a plastic coolant tube connected to the engine itself.

For the part to be replaced I needed to remove the intake manifold. I did this all by myself with some help from youtube, now today I built it up again and everything seemed fine. Now after a couple minutes while test driving an error popped up, drive chain error, half of the power is gone. After turning the ignition off and on the error disappears but power is still gone below 3k rpm, after 3k rpm the power is fully there but within a coue seconds/minutes the error comes back again and power all over the rpm range is gone. It makes about 170hp max now. My friend's dad has a garage and has the appropriate tools to diagnose and check the errors and it gave me 2 codes.

244C00 & 27B900.

Do any of you have any idea what might be wrong? Is it possible that I forgot to plug a connector back in? If so, any idea what might have missed? I read something online that it might have to do something with the swirl flaps, I've cleaned the intake manifold when i had it off and the swirl flaps seemed to work fine. Also when stationary when I check under the hood the swirl flaps do move, only they don't seem to make a full 1/4 turn when my friend presses the gaspedal. I might be wrong though because there is very little room to actually see the movement.

I hope any of you have some ideas or suggestions? I'm sorry for the long story but I want to explain what's up in detail as all of the info might be usefull for you. If you need to know anything else don't hesitate to ask!

Best regards,

Lennard

Last edited by Lennardh; 03-31-2023 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 12:22 PM   #2
Lennardh
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435D

Found the problem already, forgot to put back the vacuum hose for the small turbo😳
Appreciate 0