E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Becoming a BMW Internet Sales Person

05-15-2006, 10:39 PM   #1
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Becoming a BMW Internet Sales Person

Question for you dealers...

Would any BMW dealership hire an internet sales person to work, Part-Time, outside of the dealership? I am curious about the business and believe I could be successful at it.

What would a dealership have to lose by hiring an internet salesperson outside of the dealership? What would the dealership have to lose?

Also, I have seen "New Car Brokers" advertise. These guys seem to able to get cars at the same prices as dealers. How does this work?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
bmwdan
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

These "New Car Brokers" are just guys who have relationships with car buyers and dealers. They charge people a few hundred bucks to buy cars for them (or get them cars) and use the fact that they buy so many cars and require so little customer service work to get good buys from dealers. Anyone could become a "broker".

As far as hiring an internet sales guy, just about every dealership has one. The problem with hiring a part time guy to do it is all the sales people get pissed off because the internet guy is there part time stealing there customers away through the computer. You gotta come sit through the slow time just like everyone else. That is why dealerships dont have part time sales guys that help cover the busy times, just come in and cherry pick deals and leave when it gets slow. You would lose the full time guys.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2006, 01:33 PM   #3
Bora20
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3 3.0si M-Sport

The dealer I have called lately have the Sales Manager as the internet contact. He then farms out the clients to the next in line salesperson.

So to answer your question, no, I doubt they would hire you. Wash boy maybe, but probably nothing else if you are part-time.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2006, 03:58 AM   #4
Pretender
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i, 07 328i, 16 X1, >17M2

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Cardirects.com is also car brokers, but their price is always minimun of $500 higher than price we pay at the dealer. It's good that we can negotiate with dealer using the cardirects price.