ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
Tdh1987
Registered
Rep
Drives: Seat Ibiza FR TDI

HiFi loudspeaker, Carver, DSP, Logic 7 which one?

I'm trying to install a Parrot handsfree kit into a 2004 E85 Z4. The owners told me thats the vehicle is fitted with the upgraded Hifi Loudspeaker audio system with 10 speakers and the amplifier fitted next to the battery in the book.

Now as far as I know there are 3 audio systems available in the Z4 on that year?
1. The stock/standard audio system
2. The Hifi Loudspeaker System.
3. The Hifi Loudspeaker Professional.

The owner tells me its not the stock system and is neither the top audio system but the middle of the range audio system.

I've contacted a company called Amour Automotive who assured me of the correct SOT lead required to complete the installation but on recieving the kit I've noticed that its only for the logic7 audio systems (Which is obviously wrong).

Am I write in think the audio system in this particular Z4 is the standard HiFi loudspeaker system?

And I've also heard of a Carver DSP system is that just another name for one of the above systems of something entirely different?

Has anybody installed a parrot kit into their Z4?

Thanks for your help.

Tom.
Appreciate 0