F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > NEGATIVE REVIEW - bimmer-remote iDrive 4 to iDrive 6 kubax86
ARMA SPEED

12-07-2022, 01:41 PM   #1
eskof36
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 428i 2016

NEGATIVE REVIEW - bimmer-remote iDrive 4 to iDrive 6 kubax86

BMW NBTEvo iDrive 4 to iDrive 6 Update + Apple CarPlay Fullscreen

BMW 2016 f36 (428i Gran Coupe)

kubax86

WARNING For his CS/Attitude

After the flash was complete

These three things stopped working
- Left and Right Blinker
- Trunk Brake light
- Rear Parking Sensor

Something during/after/before the flash caused my Rear control module for functions on my trunk/blinkers to stop working.

Cost an additional $800 to get it fixed.

1. Flashed and process through remote process that he controls.
Followed his direction COMPLETELY
2. Went out to test my car make sure everything was working
3. Messaged him within 10 minutes of the flash that something was wrong and my rear blinkers both left and right were not working
4. Told me he needed to sleep and its wasnt the fault of the flash.
5. Troubleshooted myself for hours after the flash
6. Told me he could "diagnose" at later time the next day after i asked for a refund - i could not because i live in an apartment and went to my friends house to get the flash done properly. (car is usually in parking garage)
7. Took it straight to a family friend bmw car shop (been going here for years) told me the rear module was malfunctioning and needed to be replaced.
8. Will cost 800$ to get replaced
9. Let him know and he told me that he should have "diagnosed" first and he could tell me whats wrong but he cannot actually fix it. I dont understand what he was trying to argue. Laughed in text multiple times.

I have text records if mods want to see. He can come in here and explain himself as well honestly dont care.

All I wanted was Carplay in my car. I am not a Car guy and not good technically with cars. Saw a lot of good reviews but I guess I was the one that got fucked with a 1000 dollar car play.

Buyer Beware.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 02:40 AM   #2
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Hello,
Thank you for your detailed review.
So let’s start from the beginning, we did the flash, everything gone right, and after precisely 17 minutes you messaged me that your rear blinkers aren’t working. 
I told you that this is not FLASH/my process related and that you should check the bulbs and blinkers (you told me that hazards works). I told you it’s midnight where I was and that I reply to any of your question the next day - then you said you want a refund (don’t see a reason for refund, so yes, I laughed). Replied to you that I can take a look at faults and check what happend/ what’s going on - you refused. Told me that you don’t have access to the car. After one week you messaged me " Rear module burnt out. All my rear electronics don’t work. You should rethink selling that flash. I’ll be writing a review. Going to cost me 768$ to get it fixed and replaced.”. Immediately asking me for fix - I told you multiple times I can diagnose with dealer level software (ISTA) and check what’s going on, I’m not able to tell you if I fix them or not without any faults checking.

Same as you I also have text records (same ones) but I don’t think they are relevant here. I’m sorry that your rear blinkers stopped working, flashing headunit is targetting HU_NBT2 ONLY, without touching REM (Rear Electronic Module which controls rear lights/hazards/pdc) so this is impossible I caused your blinkers stopped working.
Everyone will agree with me that flashing headunit has nothing to do with REM module

By they way, I would change the shop you’re using, if REM is burned, hazards wouldn’t work.
Used REM is about 50$ and coding is MAX 100$ if it’s really REM issue.

We’re sorry it all turned the way to bad review for my work.
Appreciate 0