BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

windshield micro specs

My M3 only has about 6K miles. I got it in May '08 and driven it mostly if not almost entirely durring the spring/summer and in non-dusty areas (UK).
When looking through the windscreen from inside with sunlight. The glass has thousands of little micro specs that I can't see or clean off form the outside when washing/detailing. There almost like mini dust dings but from the outside the windshield is spotless.
I have a 16yr old 318i with a new windshield that has a better clearer windshield.

Question; Does anyone know if using a claybar on the windshield would perhaps clear up any micro contaminents that I might be seeing? I've used claybar before but on painted surfeces only of course.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

thanks for the reply and posting. Their not chips though, very very small dots of somekind and the glass on the outside is spotless. It may just be contaminents that settled on the car as the paint has light little dimpls when I run my hand over it after wash/waxing. Probebly rail dust, pollutents, etc. that I know clay bar will remove off the paint as I've experiance this before and it did the job. I would not be to concern if the car was a few years old and I lived in a desert evirnment like I did in Vegas. It's only 7 months old and has 6k miles. Not the end of the world of course but I'd like to see if there removable and help keep it detailed the best possible.
Appreciate 0