E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Malfunction Light

05-07-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
tiger9269
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Space Grey 335 Coupe

Malfunction Light

I purchased my car in February, but last week, the display in my CID stated " P R N D L may not be possible."

I had about 2,800 miles on it when the malfunction light turned on after I put the car in park after coming home from work.

I called the dealer and they said it was some sort of transmission warning.

I was able to drive the vehicle to the dealership to have them test it (faulty wiring/software???), but they said their test was inconclusive.

The service rep said headquarters have received a few reports of this same problem in the past - so the car sat at the dealership for 5 days before an entire new replacement gearshift assembly arrived.

I haven't notice any transmission/gear shifting problems prior to or after the fix, but at least the annoying malfunction light / CID warning display is gone.

Anyone else ever have this happen before?
      06-14-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330, 20' F97 X3m

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
NOPE NOT YET LUCKILY, ONLY 4500 MILES! GOOD TO HEAR ITS UP AN RUNNIN SO QUICK:rocks:

LIVE FAST..DRIVE FASTER!!
Appreciate 0