BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
dpmtl
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0 si

M3 ED

Has anyone done the Canadian version of the ED with an M3 recently?

How did it go, any suggestions about things to watch of for?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

The Cdn ED is a joke.

I looked at it and thought wtf, are they serious.

I am not sure anyone has done it. It costs more than the std car, you gotta buy the car cash and BMWCA charges you for shipping.

Worst ED deal in history. The US deal is killer, our sucks balls.

GL but better to buy an '08 and save a mega ton of $$$.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

In the US there is no discount on M models for ED.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
dpmtl
Rep

I am only looking for 2010...planning a European vacation at the same time...is there anyway to buy through a US dealership and just drive it back to Canada? I understand it will need to be cleared at customs and certain mods need to be done...but CAN it be done?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
revmmm
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Yes - I am pretty sure it can be done - the M cars are still made in Germany. My CA said it was possible when I asked, but I would not expect a large discount. My suggestion would be to go with a dealer with the largest M allocation and someone that has done ED before. Also, make sure it is on any paperwork before you sign / make a deposit.

2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
dpmtl
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
Yes - I am pretty sure it can be done - the M cars are still made in Germany. My CA said it was possible when I asked, but I would not expect a large discount. My suggestion would be to go with a dealer with the largest M allocation and someone that has done ED before. Also, make sure it is on any paperwork before you sign / make a deposit.
Sorry which post are you replying to...my first one about the CDN ED or the second one about doing it via a US dealer? How would I find out abobut the dealers that have a large allocation?? Who is your dealer, I am going to be a the Autoshow in TO in Feb, maybe I can have a chat with him.

I am not really doing it for the large discount...just want to drive it on the Autobahn!!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmtl View Post
I am only looking for 2010...planning a European vacation at the same time...is there anyway to buy through a US dealership and just drive it back to Canada? I understand it will need to be cleared at customs and certain mods need to be done...but CAN it be done?
No, they need a US address and Passport.

If you are Cdn you are screwed, sorry.

If the money doesn't matter just do it through a Cdn dealership and take your Cdn lumps on the price.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #8
revmmm
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3 Cab SSII

Garage List
2007 X5 4.8i  [0.00]
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmtl View Post
Sorry which post are you replying to...my first one about the CDN ED or the second one about doing it via a US dealer? How would I find out abobut the dealers that have a large allocation?? Who is your dealer, I am going to be a the Autoshow in TO in Feb, maybe I can have a chat with him.

I am not really doing it for the large discount...just want to drive it on the Autobahn!!
I was referring to the fact that ED is possible from a Canadian dealer. I used Budds in Oakville, and my SA said that ED was available. I had put my name on a list for a E93 M3 in Feb of 2007 and he was really good in keeping me up to date on the car as it was being launched and built. Budds has a good M allocation, and I was able to get one of the first allocated builds in Canada - Took delivery in June this year. I looked into ED, but if I took ED I would have waited a 6 - 10 weeks to have the car shipped over after I took delivery, so I wouldn't have had it for the summer. While I wanted ED, I knew I couldn't go without the car for the summer. I also did a trade in, so living without a car would have been tough, but I am sure I could have figured something out.

I have bought a couple cars from Budds and I am very happy with the way I was treated. If you want, send me a PM and I will send you my SA details.

Also, I am sure that you are aware that you can rent high-end cars in Germany. I know that it is not the same as driving your own, and some of the ED stories on this forum are priceless, but I would at least consider it as an option. If you take ED, consider Stelvio pass in Italy - Definitely on my list.
Attached Images

2008 E93 M3 - SSII, 6MT, 19", EDC,...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #9
dpmtl
Rep

WOW amazing pics. I am sure they filmed a scene in a James Bond movie there!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 07:36 AM   #10
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Top Gear did a show there, amazing

I think I'd love to ride my bike there too
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #11
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmmm View Post
I was referring to the fact that ED is possible from a Canadian dealer. I used Budds in Oakville, and my SA said that ED was available. I had put my name on a list for a E93 M3 in Feb of 2007 and he was really good in keeping me up to date on the car as it was being launched and built. Budds has a good M allocation, and I was able to get one of the first allocated builds in Canada - Took delivery in June this year. I looked into ED, but if I took ED I would have waited a 6 - 10 weeks to have the car shipped over after I took delivery, so I wouldn't have had it for the summer. While I wanted ED, I knew I couldn't go without the car for the summer. I also did a trade in, so living without a car would have been tough, but I am sure I could have figured something out.

I have bought a couple cars from Budds and I am very happy with the way I was treated. If you want, send me a PM and I will send you my SA details.

Also, I am sure that you are aware that you can rent high-end cars in Germany. I know that it is not the same as driving your own, and some of the ED stories on this forum are priceless, but I would at least consider it as an option. If you take ED, consider Stelvio pass in Italy - Definitely on my list.
The Stelvio Pass in Italy is just spectacular...i mean imagine driving your brand new M3 with the top down through those curves

top gear did the maserati quattroporte test on a similar track with james may as the driver.
Appreciate 0