BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    Revenge is it a worthy cause?

03-14-2022, 06:09 PM   #1
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Revenge is it a worthy cause?

So here's what went down, you be the judge on what you would or wouldnt do. Had to unload things in a "fire lane" as a contractor, not blocking a hydrant or anything. Wide open road 2 lane and not often traveled, maybe a car every 15mins. No sight issue or anyone blocked or causing a traffic concern. Legal to park on the other side of street but not feasible due to the loads being moved with out causing a mess or blocking drives. HOA board member takes a photo of my truck and me and says I'm getting the cops called on me for blocking a fire lane. Right off the bat extremely hostile before i even say a word or asking me to move. Also I was a FF for 13 years so I think I'll know if I'm in the way. Talked to the guy and told him my concerns about moving, like the danger of the other street where we were actually hit last year and on the same job ta boot. Genuinely apologized, i do feel bad parking in a bad spot, and said if it really bothers you I'll move. He shook my hand and said I understand don't worry about it and I won't call.

Going back about my work and maybe 10mins later guess who shows up, the police. The extremely nice officer said I drove by earlier and I just put my blinders up since I know you guys have no good parking options but you have to move because now that we've been called its a liability thing if the lane had to be used. He also advised me it was that guy who called.

So I know I'm in the wrong but this HOA person knows contractors have no choice in this place if anyone needs work done. He also pointed out all the things down the street he was calling on. The officer said this area is annoying and he goes on about 5 calls a day just from this issue. I would say most of the people living in this community are middle class at the most. Never ever have issues in the nice area since they mind their business and go about life. My clients house is potentially the nicest in the whole subdivision. So maybe sour?

Here's the thing i can be a petty person when other people choose to be as well but only to a insane level. I drove the subdivision just to find out where the guy lives. Unfortunately I didn't see any violations but I did however see a woman riding her bike on the wrong side of the road. Should have called the police but didn't. One thing he didn't know about me is I know many of the county codes. Almost every house on his street had a least one violation
that would be a major headache for everyone. My uncle was an enforcement officer for the area years ago and had a guy get complaint so the guy in turn reported over a 100 violations of his neighbors resulting in major changes needing to be done for revenge. So I'm thinking I'll spend a day taking photos of all the issues in the neighborhood filing them with the county and after they have been addressed, because they will be, I will send a letter to everyone explaining who they can thank. Kinda make it a miserable place for him to live. Oh and I'm going to make sure the HOA plumbing is up to code, if it isn't I'll report it. Our county is BIG on those. Oh and when the HOA contractors park in the fire lane, as they always do, I'll call the police. I'm in the subdivision daily so plenty of time to to build ideas.

Too over the top? Probably but karma suck doesn't it. Just feel bad causing collateral damage. Maybe I'll just find ways to take it out on the HOA.

I know most of you will say just let it go but the way this dude talked to me is inexcusable. Not to mention a liar...which I hate to no end.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:14 PM   #2
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Too over-the-top IMHO. Send him one of these. Totally harmless and you’ll make your point. And feel extremely satisfied in how you expressed yourself.

https://dickatyourdoor.com
Appreciate 2
Our03z41691.50
tcphoto3537.00
      03-14-2022, 06:19 PM   #3
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Too over-the-top IMHO. Send him one of these. Totally harmless and you’ll make your point. And feel extremely satisfied in how you expressed yourself.

https://dickatyourdoor.com

Now see I like the way you think. Much more level headed. Tons of prank things you can send. The glitter ones, oh the one that as soon as you open it it meows none stop and if you try to take it apart it's chock-full of glitter. Or the fake used panties mailer. Hmm I could send one every week. Oh or maybe some freaky magazine subscriptions. Wow, thanks so much for the helpful idea! We'll shoot bet I'm might take this too far as well, I need to work on that. Anyways I'll have to wait a few months so he can't figure it out who's sending them. Since ya know revenge is best served cold after all.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:23 PM   #4
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post

Too over the top? Probably but karma suck doesn't it. Just feel bad causing collateral damage. Maybe I'll just find ways to take it out on the HOA.

I know most of you will say just let it go but the way this dude talked to me is inexcusable. Not to mention a liar...which I hate to no end.
Too over the top. I'd say just let it go. Many HOAs have somebody like this guy. Seeking revenge will just keep you amped up for an extended period of time. Not worth it at all.

Also consider that this guy could have possibly called the cop before he spoke to you and didn't want to admit it.
Appreciate 1
Our03z41691.50
      03-14-2022, 06:24 PM   #5
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

I like to comment as I am reading...

I just read the first paragraph and your excuse making is bonus level.

**Note to self** Never do business with petty people, and Our03z4 is petty.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:25 PM   #6
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Too over the top. I'd say just let it go. Many HOAs have somebody like this guy. Seeking revenge will just keep you amped up for an extended period of time. Not worth it at all.

Also consider that this guy could have possibly called the cop before he spoke to you and didn't want to admit it.
Nope, cop said the hoa guy said that he talked to me and I was refusing to move. So sorry to say he did lie.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:27 PM   #7
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Any way you can report anonymously and have it only effect his house?

I'm down for that just wouldn't want to see an entire neighborhood of innocents get caught in the crossfire.
Appreciate 2
Our03z41691.50
tcphoto3537.00
      03-14-2022, 06:29 PM   #8
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
I like to comment as I am reading...

I just read the first paragraph and your excuse making is bonus level.

**Note to self** Never do business with petty people, and Our03z4 is petty.
You're the guy that calls aren't you. It's alright my friend people are pounding down the door to do business with me. I'm the nicest guy you can meet but I can't stand a jerk. I already said I was in the wrong but my wife almost getting killed by a car at the same property last year, I think that is a pretty good excuse to park where I did my friend.

Oh and I already said I'm petty lol.

Last edited by Our03z4; 03-14-2022 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:31 PM   #9
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post

I'm down for that just wouldn't want to see an entire neighborhood of innocents get caught in the crossfire.

I hear ya and that's why I most likely wouldn't do it just raise trouble for the HOA. Yes I can just do his. According to my client the HOA is getting out of control there. By the way I work for HOA as well and I won't touch any in this area.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:36 PM   #10
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I hear ya and that's why I most likely wouldn't do it just raise trouble for the HOA. Yes I can just do his. According to my client the HOA is getting out of control there. By the way I work for HOA as well and I won't touch any in this area.
Then just do it where it effects him. If he lied repeatedly, pretended to be your bff and then lied to the cop and said you refused to move? F'him. Is it petty? Sure, maybe. But dude needs to stop running around the city causing drama and making up shit.

Just, don't effect the other residents in his neighborhood. It's bad enough they gotta live around him but they'll be like Ukrainians. Just sitting there one morning enjoying their breakfast when BAM!!
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2022, 06:37 PM   #11
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Now see I like the way you think. Much more level headed. Tons of prank things you can send. The glitter ones, oh the one that as soon as you open it it meows none stop and if you try to take it apart it's chock-full of glitter. Or the fake used panties mailer. Hmm I could send one every week. Oh or maybe some freaky magazine subscriptions. Wow, thanks so much for the helpful idea! We'll shoot bet I'm might take this too far as well, I need to work on that. Anyways I'll have to wait a few months so he can't figure it out who's sending them. Since ya know revenge is best served cold after all.
This will make you no better than you think he is. The way he talked... You could talk back. Revenge is a waste.
Appreciate 1
Our03z41691.50
      03-14-2022, 06:40 PM   #12
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Why don’t you add a “neighborhood charge” to all quotes/invoices in the area. If asked you can explain that it is for the inconvenience and frustration of dealing with the HOA and in particular this guy. And having made your point, then waive it for the client.
Appreciate 2
Our03z41691.50
antgenn319.00
      03-14-2022, 06:41 PM   #13
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Quote:
This will make you no better than you think he is. The way he talked... You could talk back. Revenge is a waste.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Our03z41691.50
      03-14-2022, 06:43 PM   #14
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
I'm the nicest guy you can meet but I can't stand a jerk.
You can't stand a jerk, but you're contemplating becoming one for payback. Can't you see the irony here? Let it go, move on. If you lower yourself to his level, how are you any better than him?
      03-14-2022, 06:47 PM   #15
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Appreciate 2
Our03z41691.50
wrickem2101.00
      03-14-2022, 06:49 PM   #16
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
You can't stand a jerk, but you're contemplating becoming one for payback. Can't you see the irony here? Let it go, move on. If you lower yourself to his level, how are you any better than him?
True story. I'm thinking Defcon 1 which isn't fair to everyone else. However I won't let it go but I'll make sure it doesn't affect others.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:50 PM   #17
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
Quote:
I'm the nicest guy you can meet but I can't stand a jerk.
I disagree. The other guy made a false problem. His home is an actually legitimately rule. So he runs around other neighborhoods sticking his nose where it don't belong and causing issues by lying?

My man here was minding his own business already trying to be as considerate as possible.

Fuck him. Go for the jugular.
Appreciate 1
Our03z41691.50
      03-14-2022, 06:51 PM   #18
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
I can take him talking smack, I will always try to smooth it over. I'm not going to have a shouting match in front of a clients house. The issue is the straight up lie and a handshake that he initiated.
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00
      03-14-2022, 06:55 PM   #19
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I disagree. The other guy made a false problem. His home is an actually legitimately rule. So he runs around other neighborhoods sticking his nose where it don't belong and causing issues by lying?

My man here was minding his own business already trying to be as considerate as possible.

Haha we could be best friends! I just want to get my work done and move on. I never try to cause issues. Funny thing is a contractor left a small excavator in the yard of a house down the street to go to lunch and he said he is going to fine the home owner for that. Guy is a straight up nut. Someone has had to have ticked him off or something. The whole neighborhood is going to hate the dude in no time flat. Maybe I shouldn't do anything because he is already going down river without a paddle.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:59 PM   #20
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Then just do it where it effects him. If he lied repeatedly, pretended to be your bff and then lied to the cop and said you refused to move? F'him. Is it petty? Sure, maybe. But dude needs to stop running around the city causing drama and making up shit.

Just, don't effect the other residents in his neighborhood. It's bad enough they gotta live around him but they'll be like Ukrainians. Just sitting there one morning enjoying their breakfast when BAM!!

Good post. I agree with you. I told him I'd move if it was truly a problem but I did want to voice my legitimate concerns to him. When I did move after the police came you should have seen the traffic issues it was causing, a legit traffic jam in a subdivision. Just hoping another accident doesn't happen, only one more day there luckily.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:59 PM   #21
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Haha we could be best friends! I just want to get my work done and move on. I never try to cause issues. Funny thing is a contractor left a small excavator in the yard of a house down the street and he said he is going to fine the home owner for that. Guy is a straight up nut. Someone has had to have ticked him off or something. The whole neighborhood is going to hate the dude in no time flat. Maybe I shouldn't do anything because he is already going down river without a paddle.
Or. You could look at it as everyone else has taken the same approach and he's just gotten worse. I'm like whatever about the whole thing except - EXCEPT, the man looked you in the eyes, pretended to squash shit, SHOOK your hand in peace and then still proceeded to lie to the cops afterwards.

It's not the act itself but the manner in which he went about it. That's my issue. He violated sacred codes here lol
Appreciate 1
Our03z41691.50
      03-14-2022, 07:01 PM   #22
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Or. You could look at it as everyone else has taken the same approach and he's just gotten worse. I'm like whatever about the whole thing except - EXCEPT, the man looked you in the eyes, pretended to squash shit, SHOOK your hand in peace and then still proceeded to lie to the cops afterwards.

It's not the act itself but the manner in which he went about it. That's my issue. He violated sacred codes here lol
Exactly, told my wife he broke the man code of a handshake. I have 0 respect for him now. I was raised in the country and to me a handshake is better than a contract.
Appreciate 3
shoei7779.00
antgenn319.00