E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Is getting a non CPO 325i a bad idea?

11-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
npolite
Private
Rep
Drives: Acura Integra

Is getting a non CPO 325i a bad idea?

Hey everyone,

So far I haven't been able to find any BMW dealers that have a 2006 325i in the color combination (gray or blue with a grey or blue interior) that I'm looking for. I have found some private dealers that have a few starting at $20-22k.

Is is a bad idea to go this route? Keep in mind that this is my first BMW so I still don't know how reliable in my own head this car is going to be. I do all of the maintenance work myself (brakes, oil changes, radiators, exhausts etc), I just don't want to end up having to pay for a bad transmission. Is it going to cost say over $2k to get a bumper to bumper 100k warranty through BMW without of course the maintenance and is it even possible? Finally I know that some on here have put in chips which void their warranty, if I took the VIN to a BMW dealer would they be able to print out a report on the car for me for free of charge, or what fee is involved?

Thanks for your time,
Nick
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
barbados
First Lieutenant
Antigua and Barbuda
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by npolite View Post
Hey everyone,

So far I haven't been able to find any BMW dealers that have a 2006 325i in the color combination (gray or blue with a grey or blue interior) that I'm looking for. I have found some private dealers that have a few starting at $20-22k.

Is is a bad idea to go this route? Keep in mind that this is my first BMW so I still don't know how reliable in my own head this car is going to be. I do all of the maintenance work myself (brakes, oil changes, radiators, exhausts etc), I just don't want to end up having to pay for a bad transmission. Is it going to cost say over $2k to get a bumper to bumper 100k warranty through BMW without of course the maintenance and is it even possible? Finally I know that some on here have put in chips which void their warranty, if I took the VIN to a BMW dealer would they be able to print out a report on the car for me for free of charge, or what fee is involved?

Thanks for your time,
Nick
Only the original BMW purchaser can buy an extended warranty through BMW NA. If you buy a used BMW private party, then you can only buy an aftermarket warranty through companies like Warranty Direct or Continental.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
Ali.K_BMW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Honestly? Don't do it. CPO cars are good for a reason. If you get me the vin, I can check