BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Insulating Muffler m2c milk jug

10-11-2021, 10:40 AM   #1
methkingM2C
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

Insulating Muffler m2c milk jug

Hey so my muffler is heating my chassis in the trunk and I would like to insulate or prevent this heating.

Any pointers to keep the chassis and trunk cooler?

Reason: meth pump is in the trunk chassis bay by the battery, and it does get pretty hot!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 11:01 AM   #2
bitcore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 BSM Manual M2 Comp

+1, I'm curious of solutions here too, but instead because I have a lithium dashcam battery in the trunk. Also, refrigerated goods get pretty warm in the trunk area, so it's not just performance junkies who are annoyed by this. (Who likes warm beer anyway?)

I'd imagine some additional heat-shielding under the car, but above the muffler is needed. I had a look on realOEM and there does not appear to be any appreciable difference between the LCI, and even different engine combinations of the F22 - so I doubt they removed anything due to "weight" on the M2, like they did with sound deadening.

Last edited by bitcore; 10-23-2021 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2021, 12:12 PM   #3
methkingM2C
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitcore View Post
+1, I'm cuprous of solutions here too, but instead because I have a lithium dashcam battery in the trunk. Also, refrigerated goods get pretty warm in the trunk area, so it's not just performance junkies who are annoyed by this. (Who likes warm beer anyway?)

I'd imagine some additional heat-shielding under the car, but above the muffler is needed. I had a look on realOEM and there does not appear to be any appreciable difference between the LCI, and even different engine combinations of the F22 - so I doubt they removed anything due to "weight" on the M2, like they did with sound deadening.
I'm with you man…

I'm feeling for some insulation on the chassis or some gold foil even. Adhesive spray it on.

That or change the muffler to one that's a lot smaller but that's the more costly alternative
Appreciate 0