E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Best Car Washes in Los Angeles???

04-28-2006, 09:14 PM   #1
Jibber
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xiT

Best Car Washes in Los Angeles???

Finally got my beautiful Monaco Blue baby E91. I'm looking for the best car washes in Los Angeles. I want it to be clean, and I'm really not able to wash it myself where I'm currently living.

Also I'm looking for a good detailer as I'll need that every so often.

Any advice?
      04-28-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
aphall
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i rec'd 2/17/06

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibber
Finally got my beautiful Monaco Blue baby E91. I'm looking for the best car washes in Los Angeles. I want it to be clean, and I'm really not able to wash it myself where I'm currently living.

Also I'm looking for a good detailer as I'll need that every so often.

Any advice?
Jibber,

This thread didn't help with the detailer question you have?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14981

As for carwashes, not too sure, but you sure you'd rather not wash it yourself?

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2006, 01:39 AM   #3
Jibber
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphall
As for carwashes, not too sure, but you sure you'd rather not wash it yourself?
Well yes. But it's just not a reality for me. I live in an old school urban location with thinish crowded streets. Plus I'm not really the hands-on type so much with cars. I'm a film/video guy. I'd prolly feck it up somehow I'm afraid.
      04-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
aphall
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i rec'd 2/17/06

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Oh, I see... good touchless carwashes are hard to find in the southbay, that much I know. I always see carwashes that claim they are touchless, but then you drive by and there are guys that are wiping down all the cars. I mean, I guess they are touchless when they go through the wash, but I always wondered if there were any that were COMPLETELY touchless. Because those guys that dry your car with those dirty rags at the end are just begging to put swirls into your paint. Ok, I'll stop rambling now.

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2006, 01:05 AM   #5
damagegoodz
United_States
Rep
Drives: alpwht,sprtz,prfrm pcks, step

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
dude have lived in LA for 6 yrs the best person is a buddy of mine I met on the movie bedazzled his name is Alan Lee and you can reach him @ Alan@evergloautospa.com tell him Staff Sergant Edwin Johnson told you to contact him. He has the most friendly (enviorment & car) washing and polishing. That when I get my ride in July I'm driving down to say wutz up and have the E 90 squared away. email him and let him hook it up. Your not going to believe the difference he makes.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 01:44 AM   #6
jayjaybelbel
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: frozen red E92

there is also a good car wash on melrose ave...i go there to get my car wash and i'm always satisfied...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 02:07 AM   #7
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjaybelbel View Post
there is also a good car wash on melrose ave...i go there to get my car wash and i'm always satisfied...
melrose and spalding handwash? i went there on recommendation of this forum and they scratched my car.

i found another recommendation on here for a car wash on ventura blvd just west of shoup and i've been pretty happy with them.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 02:34 AM   #8
PlatinumEdition
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: !

Garage List
2017 BMW 740i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
melrose and spalding handwash? i went there on recommendation of this forum and they scratched my car.

i found another recommendation on here for a car wash on ventura blvd just west of shoup and i've been pretty happy with them.
wow just your luck i suppose, I have been taking my car there for 2 years and no problem! and on top of that they wash all of Platinum Motorsports vehicles, cant go wrong!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #9
Rude328i
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 328i coupe

Thumbs up best car wash in l.a

they really do a great job here..
4950 e. slauson ave
maywood, ca 90270

neat auto detail & supply!!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #10
KlubHoppER
Major
Brazil
Rep
Drives: Either in 2010 or 2011 :)!

Every carwash will scratch up your car no matter what, they can wear thoses bracelets and then go hand car wash ur car and scratch your entire car.. Better do it your self .... Best possible way....
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #11
Houman21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothin right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
Well yes. But it's just not a reality for me. I live in an old school urban location with thinish crowded streets. Plus I'm not really the hands-on type so much with cars. I'm a film/video guy. I'd prolly feck it up somehow I'm afraid.
I get it - but washing your own car is the safest way - or find a GOOD mobile detailer to come and wash it for you.