BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > OPF Delete - Standard map

10-08-2021, 05:11 AM   #1
Juliana19
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

OPF Delete - Standard map

Hi all,

For those of us in Europe looks like there are a multitude of options now to delete the dreaded OPF and not trigger an EML without mapping the car.

I have a Miltek EL OPF back system currently, has anyone had any experience in removing the OPF and mitigating sensors with Leib or other? Does the car run OK? Is the additional sound significant? Have you noticed any extra power with measurable results (Dyno or Dragy). Temped to look at this for my car but I do a lot of trackdays so want to make sure it's 'safe'.

Thanks - Jonny
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 03:19 PM   #2
Betaone
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliana19 View Post
Hi all,

For those of us in Europe looks like there are a multitude of options now to delete the dreaded OPF and not trigger an EML without mapping the car.

I have a Miltek EL OPF back system currently, has anyone had any experience in removing the OPF and mitigating sensors with Leib or other? Does the car run OK? Is the additional sound significant? Have you noticed any extra power with measurable results (Dyno or Dragy). Temped to look at this for my car but I do a lot of trackdays so want to make sure it's 'safe'.

Thanks - Jonny
I have been using car for a month without OPF waiting to map car to avoid limp mode activation. The preparer who mapped me car was able to do a dyno test . These are the results .

I don't have a dyno test with OPF to compare . I think you can gain about 15 hp by eliminating OPF.
Increase in exhaust noise is significant .
I have installed an OPF elimination kit from Active Autowerke.

On my wife's Mini Cooper S 2021, I installed Leib OPF Delete to eliminate OPF. It works 99%. No warning lights on the dashboard, no limp mode, but three times in 5.000 km I got error code 1A2810 (inefficient opf) that I deleted using JB4 that I installed.

For me it's worth to delete OPF
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 08:04 PM   #3
dannywong321
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition 2018 f87

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betaone View Post
I have been using car for a month without OPF waiting to map car to avoid limp mode activation. The preparer who mapped me car was able to do a dyno test . These are the results .

I don't have a dyno test with OPF to compare . I think you can gain about 15 hp by eliminating OPF.
Increase in exhaust noise is significant .
I have installed an OPF elimination kit from Active Autowerke.

On my wife's Mini Cooper S 2021, I installed Leib OPF Delete to eliminate OPF. It works 99%. No warning lights on the dashboard, no limp mode, but three times in 5.000 km I got error code 1A2810 (inefficient opf) that I deleted using JB4 that I installed.

For me it's worth to delete OPF
Hey buddy, mine is a 2018 M2C, OPF delete, also installed Leib OPF Deleter, but it doesn't work for me. I still get the CEL and limp mode when I go hard driving. I get even more frustrated when the people at LEIB Engineering does not reply my questions/concerns about it.

I did every software reset/ OPF replacement via ISTA+ (according to their instructions) but to no avail. BM3 tuning is the only solution I guess.

Did you solve your problem on the Mini? If so, what is the solution?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 02:10 AM   #4
LakiTopalovich
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

Interesting. My Leib solution is working flawlessly, at least so far. I've done ca 2000 km
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 03:28 AM   #5
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

The LEIB solution is working for me as well. Using it for ~5000 km now.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 09:37 AM   #6
dannywong321
Rep

Garage List
I really have no idea why mine doesn’t work. Installation was done correctly according to LEIB’s instructions. The OPF deleter was plugged in between the car and the sensors. ISTA+ done too. Dominik from LEIB isn’t replying my messages either.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 01:50 AM   #7
dannywong321
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakiTopalovich View Post
Interesting. My Leib solution is working flawlessly, at least so far. I've done ca 2000 km
Did you guys place the connectors close to the sensors? Or just leave it dangling as long as plugged into the car and sensor?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 03:00 AM   #8
LakiTopalovich
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannywong321 View Post
Did you guys place the connectors close to the sensors? Or just leave it dangling as long as plugged into the car and sensor?

Thanks.
Honestly I don't have a clue. Guys in workshop installed it, all I know is that it was huge pita because sensors are very hard to reach..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 04:18 AM   #9
dannywong321
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by squixs View Post
The LEIB solution is working for me as well. Using it for ~5000 km now.
How about you sir? Did you place the connectors close to the sensors? Or just leave it dangling as long as plugged into the car and sensor?

I tried moving it close to the sensors, it seems to be working for now, couldn't 100% confirm.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 03:34 PM   #10
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
How about you sir? Did you place the connectors close to the sensors? Or just leave it dangling as long as plugged into the car and sensor?

I tried moving it close to the sensors, it seems to be working for now, couldn't 100% confirm.

Thanks.
I ziptied and packaged everything together, so yes, they are close to the sensors.
I didn’t want to leave it dangling, because I was afraid of rattling noises.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 06:58 PM   #11
dannywong321
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by squixs View Post
I ziptied and packaged everything together, so yes, they are close to the sensors.
I didn’t want to leave it dangling, because I was afraid of rattling noises.
Noted with thanks. I will test it out again.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 06:09 PM   #12
m2css
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E34 540i/6, M2CS, x3

Garage List
Bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Noted with thanks. I will test it out again.
Curious to hear if you have any updates on your car & the opf delete modules? If not, how did you deal with your issue? I installed catless downpipes and AA single channel midpipe on a friends m2c with the intent to tune it and remove the opfs and cats that way, 1000km later and some hard driving no cel or limp mode on his car. Figured I'd do the same on mine.

Just installed the same setup on my m2 but with the opf delete modules (since I'd already bought them) from leib but still get limp mode. Sorta worked the first day, limp mode once then did several hard pulls and drove a lot. Next day as soon as I touch the gas more than 50% it goes directly into limpmode... Frustrating. Thought these were plug and play, was a real battle to get those in and still no success...

Appreciate your response.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 03:31 AM   #13
dannywong321
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2css View Post
Curious to hear if you have any updates on your car & the opf delete modules? If not, how did you deal with your issue? I installed catless downpipes and AA single channel midpipe on a friends m2c with the intent to tune it and remove the opfs and cats that way, 1000km later and some hard driving no cel or limp mode on his car. Figured I'd do the same on mine.

Just installed the same setup on my m2 but with the opf delete modules (since I'd already bought them) from leib but still get limp mode. Sorta worked the first day, limp mode once then did several hard pulls and drove a lot. Next day as soon as I touch the gas more than 50% it goes directly into limpmode... Frustrating. Thought these were plug and play, was a real battle to get those in and still no success...

Hey buddy, sorry for the very late response.

Dominik from LEIB agreed to replace me with a new set of cables, and I had to purchase a “CAN MIL DELETER” from him. Reason being my particular exhaust system produced a very low back pressure which the cables can’t detect/clear it (I’m not very sure about this).

With that being said, I STILL GET THE FREAKING ERRORS after replacing the cables and installing the CAN MIL deleter! I’m tired of replacing/retrying. It cost me a lot to ship to my place and paying the custom tax!

I guess BM3 tuning is the only solution (for me). Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 12:35 PM   #14
icelink
Registered
Rep
Drives: Not yet

Quote:

Dominik from LEIB agreed to replace me with a new set of cables, and I had to purchase a “CAN MIL DELETER” from him. Reason being my particular exhaust system produced a very low back pressure which the cables can’t detect/clear it (I’m not very sure about this).

With that being said, I STILL GET THE FREAKING ERRORS after replacing the cables and installing the CAN MIL deleter! I’m tired of replacing/retrying. It cost me a lot to ship to my place and paying the custom tax!

I have exactly the same problem as you do on an M140i. 100% match in terms of steps I took and it still keeps on giving me an error. Which exhaust did you go for? Suppose you still haven't found a solution?

I am off to a garage next week so that they can take a look. Leib said that I will need to buy the same CAN MIL thing to clear errors. "Good" to know that it didn't solve the problem for you. I am equally as frustrated as you are trying to sort out exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 04:17 PM   #15
m2css
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E34 540i/6, M2CS, x3

Garage List
Bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Dominik from LEIB agreed to replace me with a new set of cables, and I had to purchase a "CAN MIL DELETER" from him. Reason being my particular exhaust system produced a very low back pressure which the cables can't detect/clear it (I'm not very sure about this).

With that being said, I STILL GET THE FREAKING ERRORS after replacing the cables and installing the CAN MIL deleter! I'm tired of replacing/retrying. It cost me a lot to ship to my place and paying the custom tax!

No worries brother. Went through the exact same process as you (uninstalled and installed my cats 3 times to try the different setups, nothing worked) ended up driving down to pureturbos in Belgium (Peter who runs the shop is very helpful and kind, also super professionall and knows his stuff) to unlock the ecu (mine was thankfully produced 1 week before the new bosch ecu came middle of june 2020 which is not unlockable with software) and flash it with bootmod3.

After all the hastle and effort, I'm now very satisfied with how it turned out (shouldve went with bootmod3 from the get go butbut).

Good luck to you, hope all works out well.
Appreciate 0