BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-07-2021, 11:39 AM   #1
DCG82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BWM M4

What would you do??

So my build week has been moved back 5 times already without any real explanation from anyone. We all know the global car manufacturing problems that are happening, it is discussed here daily. Like most people here i am frustrated but realize little can be done. But my issue I am having beyond the delays is with the dealership I am using. I received a fair deal and allocation at the outset when I sold them my F82 and ordered a 2022 G82. However, since that time they have gone MIA. I really haven’t called much but I cannot get an email responded to or a call returned from the first CA (no longer with dealership, probably fired), the new CA, the sale manager or the general manager. This has added to the frustration of this whole process. Currently, I am sitting at a week 45 build but depending on the time of day, get different answers from Genius. My dealership won’t speak to me so I am completely in the dark except with what is reported here. my question is- would you cancel your order with MIA dealership to roll the dice with a higher volume dealership who says they can do better?? Or stick with sub-par customer service and hope build comes through?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 11:56 AM   #2
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

What additional information are you seeking beyond what the Genius line has provided? Many times they have better info than the dealer and until it actually enters production your info can change daily. Sounds like the dealer secured you an actual allocation which is the hardest part. Now it's up to BMW to build the car which the dealer has no control over. Sit tight.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #3
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

I had a similar experience in pre-sales, I had a hard time getting any info from the 5 dealers I reached out to regarding allocations. I suspect the limited supply of M cars and stack of pending orders is just a huge pain for them, so there isn't much effort made to sell to a specific individual. After waiting a week for a callback to place an order, I ended up just walking in and ordering it.

If your car has been pushed back multiple times by BMW, I expect the same thing would happen at a different dealership. The main difference being you're probably starting at the back of the line with other orders ahead of you, so the wait would be even longer.

It sucks, but unless you're looking to make changes to the build, I'd probably just stick it out and rely on Genius for updates. Once the car is made and in transit, I expect the dealer will be more eager to engage.

Good luck!
      10-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #4
HorsePower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 6-speed

If you have a production number, the build details are correct, and you are at status 112, I'm not sure giving up a week 45 build slot to start fresh with another dealer makes sense at this point. Have you found another dealer that will slot you right into a week 45 (or better) allocation, starting from scratch now?

I dislike poor customer service as much as the next person, but starting from scratch now COULD put you even further into 2022 delivery. And allocations seem to be harder to find, and more uncertain, by the day.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 12:13 PM   #5
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Honestly, I don't think moving to another dealer is going to help you get a car any faster. You already have a spec and a production number. Getting that car built and shipped is in BMW's hands now. The Genius is the best way to stay informed of progress. Numerous people are experiencing similar delays which I know are frustrating.

That being said, I'd look for another dealer long term. Maybe even have it serviced elsewhere. You want a place you feel good about going and not one that ghosts you.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 12:26 PM   #6
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Frustrating, but I agree with the consensus above.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 03:30 AM   #7
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

it's frustrating, but you're not alone. In my opinion, knowing that other people (mee too for instance) are experiencing this kind of "non-comunication" and multiple delays problems,both from their delaers and from BMW which gives you just a status update without any certain date. As above and understanding your feelings, we're sharing the same "boat"....it could help you to settle down and find out the patience needed in these moments. My experience would suggest you not to take rash decision. Take your time, no seller can force BMW to put your car ahead another one, it's a BMW decision, sellers cannot do nothing.

If I were you, I would go to the dealer to clarify the relationship customer-dealer first, finding a good way to go on with them.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 08:34 AM   #8
amzbimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 comp San Marino Status 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
it's frustrating, but you're not alone. In my opinion, knowing that other people (mee too for instance) are experiencing this kind of "non-comunication" and multiple delays problems,both from their delaers and from BMW which gives you just a status update without any certain date. As above and understanding your feelings, we're sharing the same "boat"....it could help you to settle down and find out the patience needed in these moments. My experience would suggest you not to take rash decision. Take your time, no seller can force BMW to put your car ahead another one, it's a BMW decision, sellers cannot do nothing.

If I were you, I would go to the dealer to clarify the relationship customer-dealer first, finding a good way to go on with them.
Agree with everyone above - at this point there isn't really any critical communication as everything is out of the dealer's hand and in the hands of the supply chain. I wouldn't give up my spot if I were you. If you start over you may end up week 52 or even later. Just find another hobby and come back in a few weeks and check your status.

Once you car is in the paint booth like mine, you will be too busy buying mods to worry about the relationship with your dealer.
V-Eight791.50