E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > transfer case issue with a twist

10-03-2021, 05:34 PM   #1
Skierlandon
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335xi

transfer case issue with a twist

hello all, hoping for some help with an issue that has been kicking my butt. I have read lots of forums to try to figure out my issue and I have gotten some ideas but nothing that has helped. I have read of issues that are similar but nothing quite like this one. when I first start the car I get 4 lights to come on (Brake, ABS, traction control light, and 4x4) along with a message in the infotainment center, I will include this in pictures. Once I start moving the lights go away. The car then proceeds to engage abs brake while stopping. this will continue until I hit precisely 30 mph. once this was happen the lights will come back on but the abs brakes will quit coming on and the car will drive normally. I have check my fuses, replaced the transfer case actuator, replaced the transfer case fluid, and replaced the transfer case computer under the passenger seat. none of these things have helped and im out of ideas. any help is greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 06:12 PM   #2
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skierlandon View Post
hello all, hoping for some help with an issue that has been kicking my butt. I have read lots of forums to try to figure out my issue and I have gotten some ideas but nothing that has helped. I have read of issues that are similar but nothing quite like this one. when I first start the car I get 4 lights to come on (Brake, ABS, traction control light, and 4x4) along with a message in the infotainment center, I will include this in pictures. Once I start moving the lights go away. The car then proceeds to engage abs brake while stopping. this will continue until I hit precisely 30 mph. once this was happen the lights will come back on but the abs brakes will quit coming on and the car will drive normally. I have check my fuses, replaced the transfer case actuator, replaced the transfer case fluid, and replaced the transfer case computer under the passenger seat. none of these things have helped and im out of ideas. any help is greatly appreciated!
Check out this thread. Could be something like
An abs sensor, wheels speed sensor. Or perhaps more serious and pricy ..

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...544&page=2