BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Mporium BMW

11-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Vert / 535i Twin turbo

First Service at 775 miles...hmmmm

My dealer called me today and left a message that I was due for my 1st service already...I have only had the M since 10/19 and only have 775 miles on it I have noticed the past couple of times I have started the car it shows the picture of the car in the top display between the two major guages - did this function dial up my dealer or something? I checked the oil level and Service Control messages and all is fine...I really don't want to go in until I have the full 1200 miles on it...anyone else have this happen and can you confirm that the car will contact BMW w/o me doing anything?

thx
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Search. This has been asked a dozen times.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
drsnooz
Professor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
My dealer called me today and left a message that I was due for my 1st service already...I have only had the M since 10/19 and only have 775 miles on it I have noticed the past couple of times I have started the car it shows the picture of the car in the top display between the two major guages - did this function dial up my dealer or something? I checked the oil level and Service Control messages and all is fine...I really don't want to go in until I have the full 1200 miles on it...anyone else have this happen and can you confirm that the car will contact BMW w/o me doing anything?

thx
I got my car the same time as yours and I had my service done last Friday at 1000 miles. When the service sign comes on it'll give you a number right after that. That number tells you how many more miles you have before you have to bring it in. The service timing all depends on your driving style. Nothing wrong with waiting until 1200 miles as long as your oil level isn't low.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Vert / 535i Twin turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnooz View Post
I got my car the same time as yours and I had my service done last Friday at 1000 miles. When the service sign comes on it'll give you a number right after that. That number tells you how many more miles you have before you have to bring it in. The service timing all depends on your driving style. Nothing wrong with waiting until 1200 miles as long as your oil level isn't low.
drsnooz - thanks for the help...that's pretty much what I was thinking too. As long as the oil is at level it should be OK to continue to the 1200 miles. Congrats on your new M by the way...I still can't believe it's in the garage every time I go out there
Appreciate 0