BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > AA EL midpipe delays

08-22-2021, 11:36 PM   #1
tkl
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 LBB M2C

AA EL midpipe delays

Has anyone else ordered the AA EL midpipe resonated or unresonated at all? I ordered one back in July and was told it would be ready at the end of July. First week of august XPH tells me that AA has been delayed for 2-3 weeks. After three weeks go by they tell me that it won't be until mid September?

This isn't on xtreme powerhouse as they are just a vendor. But Active Autowerk this is some low rate Amazon company from another country type of crap where they just string you along. Why not just be honest and tell us it is back ordered for a long time rather than holding out fully paid orders in?

End rant
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 02:06 AM   #2
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkl View Post
But Active Autowerk this is some low rate Amazon company from another country type of crap where they just string you along.
That's basically what's holding up Active, they're waiting on materials from another country so they're at the mercy of their supply line.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 02:48 AM   #3
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Unless the item is in stock, and they gave you a guaranteed or money back ship date.....always expect 60 days. This is true for a lot of aftermarket car part companies.

Even back in 2018 my Active Autowerke exhaust took 30~ days to even to ship.
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 10:48 AM   #4
tkl
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 LBB M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpe View Post
That's basically what's holding up Active, they're waiting on materials from another country so they're at the mercy of their supply line.

Ugh.. Being at the point where we can't even get metal now. I am just waiting for the September email where they will inform me I can wait until next year.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 10:53 AM   #5
sai_dee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: crapmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkl View Post
Has anyone else ordered the AA EL midpipe resonated or unresonated at all? I ordered one back in July and was told it would be ready at the end of July. First week of august XPH tells me that AA has been delayed for 2-3 weeks. After three weeks go by they tell me that it won't be until mid September?

This isn't on xtreme powerhouse as they are just a vendor. But Active Autowerk this is some low rate Amazon company from another country type of crap where they just string you along. Why not just be honest and tell us it is back ordered for a long time rather than holding out fully paid orders in?

End rant
I'm in the exact same situation, purchased resonated early July and been delays ever since. I work in construction so I'm a bit more understanding and also not in a rush with a very busy work schedule so I am just woo-sahing it. It'll get here when it gets here.
Appreciate 1
tkl64.00
      08-24-2021, 03:57 PM   #6
Advanced
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

lol!! my order is from early May... non resonated el mid with new rear back box... i was told many things, and now the latest is first week of september... i guess we'll see...
Appreciate 1
tkl64.00
      08-24-2021, 04:02 PM   #7
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

My resonated EL took about 3 months from order. And my FI-R wheels I ordered back in Mid June isn't ready until October and I can see that pushing further. At this point, just gotta wait it out regardless.

Appreciate 1
tkl64.00