E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > ABS, Brake, traction control lights E90

06-23-2021, 12:23 AM   #1
staylor
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 325xi

ABS, Brake, traction control lights E90

I was driving and all of a sudden these 3 lights (ABS, BRAKE, Traction Control) came on. I read the codes with my obd2 scanner and it only read the check engine light which was unrelated (exhaust code) but the car still drives completely fine and smooth. Anyone had this problem before and found any solutions?
Been looking into it and came across all of these which could be the issues:

-Drive shaft reluctor
-Wheel speed sensor (front left?)
-Steering angle sensor
-Abs hydraulic pump
-Wires (left side of engine bay)(front passenger wheel speed sensor)
-ABS/DTC block module (valve body)
-Transfer case module (white)
-Ecu programing

Let me know if you had this problem and the fix that solved it
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 03:32 PM   #2
Styvy
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330D LCI

Hey mate,

Did your dtc switch off? Does switching on and off help?
From what you mentioned its either a wheel bearing (there is a magnet that's used for wheel speed sensor) or the wheel speed sensor.
I had both Pretty much 3 lights on and off randomly. In my case I replaced the 3 sensors (2 front and 1 rear). 2 Wheel bearings in the front also

Hope it helps.

Thansk,
Alex
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 03:36 PM   #3
staylor
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styvy View Post
Hey mate,

Did your dtc switch off? Does switching on and off help?
From what you mentioned its either a wheel bearing (there is a magnet that's used for wheel speed sensor) or the wheel speed sensor.
I had both Pretty much 3 lights on and off randomly. In my case I replaced the 3 sensors (2 front and 1 rear). 2 Wheel bearings in the front also

Hope it helps.

Thansk,
Alex
I wasnt able to turn off or on dct the light was on permanently but all the lights turned off after starting it again the next day. Guessing its just the wheel sensor so when it comes back in ill scan it and figure out which one it was
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 08:00 AM   #4
Styvy
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330D LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor View Post
I wasnt able to turn off or on dct the light was on permanently but all the lights turned off after starting it again the next day. Guessing its just the wheel sensor so when it comes back in ill scan it and figure out which one it was
Yeah. Its also cheaper to replace mate. I suggest replacing both sides at same time 40 quid each. I had to replace 3 in matter of 6 months. 1st wheel bearing after replacing the first one. 2nd wheel bearing was replaced along with 2nd one which came up. Last one came up in matter of 3 months.

Regards,
Alex
Appreciate 0