E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Wow, what a difference a day makes!

04-25-2006, 11:03 AM   #1
h_curtis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ordered blk s 330 sp, pr, cold

Wow, what a difference a day makes!

I ordered my car and then changed my mind about an option and asked for it to have Sirius installed at the factory. I changed the order the day after I ordered the car. I figured they could just change the order since it didn't start yet. They just said they will just order me a new car. Remember this is only one day passing! Well, I have two order numbers that I watch. The first order has been "in transit" for about a week now. My car is still sitting there "waiting to be released to the carrier". What a difference a day makes. Oh well, maybe it will just sit there for a few weeks and the other car will be in the new owners garage.

Wish it would just say I am on a boat, so at least I have an idea when it will be here. I am tired of thinking it is a month out all the time. It is sunny and I am ready to drive my new bmw.

Sorry, had to vent somewhere. No many people would understand outside the forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #2
nanpenyo
Smooth Rider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Graphite

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I think the first order has a popular configuration so they have it in stock. If it is Sirius prepared, you can always install the radio later. There is a monthly fee to use the radio though. I am happy for you!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
SignHere
Supreme Omnipotent Bobohead
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different BMW's every day!

Once they go from 112 status (Scheduled for daily production) to 150 status (Production Started) there can be no modifications made. If you ordered a vehicle that would be easy to sell to another prospective buyer then it's easier to just build another one.

From 150 it goes to 151 (Entry body shop/serial # assgn) This can take a day to 5 days on average. Then 152 (Entry paint shop) another day. 153-154-155 (Entry assembly-Assembly-Assembly finish /quality check) Another day to 2 max. From status 160 to 193 is hand over to sales and transport to the Bremerhaven port, this can take a day or 2 as well. It can sit at the port waiting for a ship for anywhere to a day or 10 days.

Then the trip across the pond, which typically takes about 15-20 days, but I've seen it take 30 in bad weather or other odd circumstances. Once at the port it is sent to the VPC and that takes a day or 2, then 2-3 days in prep and waiting to be loaded on a covered carrier to your BMW Center. It usually takes the trucks 5-8 days to get to Austin from South Carolina.

Congratulations on your new BMW!
      04-25-2006, 06:53 PM   #4
h_curtis
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My car was complete on the 20th. The recording has been saying the same thing "waiting to be released to the carrier" for 5 days now. I want my bmw and I want it now. Sorry, but I really need a drink or something. I am getting a little fired up. Wish it would just get on a boat though. I guess it is not even on a train to the dang port?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 07:14 AM   #5
h_curtis
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well after 6 days of my car just sitting there complete, it finally got on a train to go to the port. With my luck it will sit waiting for a boat for a few months while the car I need to sell, an '05 TSX sits here and depreciates more than it already has when I drove it off the lot. Oh well. So far my timeline is not as rosy as signhere's predictions. Hope it gets better.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 02:55 PM   #6
SignHere
United_States
Rep

What are the last 7 of your VIN? I'll pull it up.
      04-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #7
md37793
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Signhere,
Do you have the ability to track cars progress through customs and the VPC?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 03:07 PM   #8
SignHere
United_States
Rep

Yes, I'm the Internet Sales Manager at BMW of Austin.
      04-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #9
PSUBALL10
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis
Well after 6 days of my car just sitting there complete, it finally got on a train to go to the port. With my luck it will sit waiting for a boat for a few months while the car I need to sell, an '05 TSX sits here and depreciates more than it already has when I drove it off the lot. Oh well. So far my timeline is not as rosy as signhere's predictions. Hope it gets better.

Cutris what dealership did you go thru? I know that the 800 told me that i was still waiting at the port 1 day before my 330 made it to the US. If you contact your dealer he/she can give u the most up to date info.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #10
md37793
Private First Class
Rep

would you mind checking on mine? It would be much appriciated.

Last 7 of my VIN are PS65387.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 03:13 PM   #11
SignHere
United_States
Rep

Sure, either post or PM the last 7 of your VIN.
      04-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #12
md37793
Private First Class
Rep

Last 7 of my vin: PS65387...thanks alot!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 03:21 PM   #13
SignHere
United_States
Rep

Dangit! I can't because it's not my car. Sorry! :-(

I did see that you included Nav...you're gonna like that! Monoco Blue is one of my favs.

Just call Bunton in Delaware and ask them for a status update, they won't mind. It only takes a second.
      04-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #14
md37793
Private First Class
Rep

I did that an the guy told me that all I could do is follow the owners circle website. I think the problem is that my SA transfered to CT before my car arrived. Because of this I think that the other SA's could give a crap about my frustration.

The Nav was amazing in europe and now I can't wait to play with it in the us.

Thanks for trying!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 03:32 PM   #15
SignHere
United_States
Rep

Yeah, that's a tough situation to be in. All those guys make nothing but straight commission so obviously they want to commit their time to that.

You might want to call the sales manager, he still made his money on the sale!

You wouldn't believe how often I hear that nobody wants to apend the money on a Euro Nav disk when they do an ED. That's crazy! Just as a moving map it's the only way to go.

Remember...all good things come to he who waits!

Enjoy!

Good luck!
      04-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #16
md37793
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2006, 08:15 AM   #17
h_curtis
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUBALL10
Cutris what dealership did you go thru? I know that the 800 told me that i was still waiting at the port 1 day before my 330 made it to the US. If you contact your dealer he/she can give u the most up to date info.
P&W.

I may contact the dealer next week about it. The car was just finished on the 20th, so it has only been 7 days from completion. I would imagine the 800 number is pretty spot on if they are saying it is going to port of exit. I figure if I wait a little longer they can tell me what ship it is on.
Appreciate 0