BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)    Advice on ivory white Marino leather

05-25-2021, 04:41 PM   #1
njw1967
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40

Advice on ivory white Marino leather

Hi All,
Due to the problems trying to order a new GO5 X5 I have been looking at nearly new pre owned or demo cars.
One I have been offered is a January 2021
In black sapphire met
Ivory white and black extended merino
Leather dash
Crafted clarity
Tec pack
Driving package pro
Comfort pack
Msport pro
22” bi colour wheels
Sky lounge
Visibility pack

My question is how easy is the Ivory leather to keep clean ?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
DENtoLAS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i

Its easy to keep clean but there are some items that can cause stains that will not come out. I don't know exactly what items do it, but its possible.

Get it scotch guarded right away and you should be fine. Its worth it, lovely color.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 04:12 PM   #3
Dive4air
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 ///M Sport, ///M4

i used to own an e60 M5 with white interior. It gets dirty very easily with just about anything. Some discoloration never comes out, and that's where white starts to look grey. Also, doesn't age well so any crack in leather will look grey. I agree that an immediate Scotchguard treatment may be worth it to help a little but it's not a cure. I have found that clothing stains the leather especially on repeat usage spots as you get in and get out or put your elbow etc. Jeans can discolor it. SO in summary, white looks great when new, not so great when used or abused. it's a sensitive interior, prob best suited for an adult with no kids or teens and with predominantly single person drives.
Appreciate 1