BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

10-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
elm3
///M Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 IB/'17 f85 X5M LBB

Garage List
2017 BMW / X5M  [9.00]
2009 E92 M3  [10.00]
2004 Yamaha R1  [10.00]
Ride with H&R Sport Springs

After reading the post of the the Dinan springs, I'm concerned with the H&R springs. Anybody that has lowered their new E9x M3 experience any harsh ride, like riding on the bump stops all of the time? Do you have enough ride height on the shocks left? I just spoke with H&R and they told me that I do not have to mess around with the shocks or bump stops at all, the springs are a direct replacement of your stock one, except by lowering the ride height. This concerens me, because the Dinan only lowers the car 1/2" and they have shorter bump stops???? Can anybody please shed some light?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by elm3 View Post
After reading the post of the the Dinan springs, I'm concerned with the H&R springs. Anybody that has lowered their new E9x M3 experience any harsh ride, like riding on the bump stops all of the time? Do you have enough ride height on the shocks left? I just spoke with H&R and they told me that I do not have to mess around with the shocks or bump stops at all, the springs are a direct replacement of your stock one, except by lowering the ride height. This concerens me, because the Dinan only lowers the car 1/2" and they have shorter bump stops???? Can anybody please shed some light?
Beleive me H&R has no clues about bump stops and the effect on proper springing.I went through that on our GTI with their springs.They are clueless unless all your looking for is a good posing stance!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
tszene
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elm3 View Post
No complaints here, but if you plan on tracking the car, get coilovers.
I should have.
these springs look great, the ride is ok, only slightly stiffer than stock IMO.
However no problems so far.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

There is already a thread on this:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181427
Appreciate 0