E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > SNOWBOARD SEASON STARTS NOVEMBER 14th!!! YESSSSSS!!!

10-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
Project3
-:- P3PRO -:-
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325i (6 Speed Manual)

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
SNOWBOARD SEASON STARTS NOVEMBER 14th!!! YESSSSSS!!!

So, just got word today that Killington is planning on opening up on November 14th. TWO WEEKS AWAY!!! They already got a foot of natural snow, and are blowing more of it on a bunch of trails!! I am so excited. As I do every year, I will be out there for the weekend to kick off the season. Just wondering if anyone else here rides and is just as excited as I am about this news!! This is the earliest scheduled opening in a few years!!

Since most of you probably dont know, I am like seriously addicted to snowboarding. It is hands down my most favorite thing to do...EVER. I have been riding since I was 11, so, 14 years later, I am still just as crazy about it as I was since day 1!! I used to ride for Technine, and Academy, but, I have put aside all the contest riding, and just gone back to ripping it down the mountain and freeriding. I definitely still hit the park, but, freeriding is my shit!! I still work for Technine as a Film Engineer and Editor, and go to events all over the East Coast, and some out West to film. Anyway, sorry for the ramble, I am just like seriously pumped up right now!! November 14th can not come soon enough!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
M.A.C.K.
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Ive been boarding since I was 8~9, back then I road a Burton Air directional board when they used to close off the majority of the trails to snowboarders because they thought snowboarders were the ones creating "big piles" of snow on the trails, lol......

I went through that board, a Burton Floater and a Burton Twin (park board).......

I had a share at Killington until last year, so I went to mount snow a few times last season and got a Concussion by catching a edge on the landing of a 45 foot table........

I am 25 now.........also minus the one season where i couldnt ride because i partially tore a ligament snowboarding too and then blew the whole thing out a month later playing bball at NYU..........
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
M.A.C.K.
Banned
Rep

Also it doesnt matter how early they open but how good of snow they get. You can open early in a season and have more trails open, but nothing compares with natural pow to ride on compared to machine made snow. The all natural trails at Killington are the best with a mixture of POW and machine made.........
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
Project3
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.K. View Post
Ive been boarding since I was 8~9, back then I road a Burton Air directional board when they used to close off the majority of the trails to snowboarders because they thought snowboarders were the ones creating "big piles" of snow on the trails, lol......

I went through that board, a Burton Floater and a Burton Twin (park board).......

I had a share at Killington until last year, so I went to mount snow a few times last season and got a Concussion by catching a edge on the landing of a 45 foot table........

I am 25 now.........

Nice! Yea, I have been thru more boards then I can count. I usually grab a new one from the sponsors like every 2 seasons, but, definitely have had a few options every season as to which board to ride. Sucks about the injury. My season was cut short last year too, because of an injury my best friend sustained at Mountain Creek. He rides for Technine also, and was on the South Mountain in the park, hit a 40 foot table, did a rodeo 7, but, had WAYYYY too much speed, and overshot the landing by about 35 feet, and fell directly on his head. Unfortunately, he was not wearing a helmet that day, and suffered a very very serious head/brain injury. He was instantly knocked out, had a fractured skull, and internal bleeding on both sides of his brain. They had to airlift him off the mountain. It was hands down the most awful thing I have ever had to deal with. Seeing your best friend (like a brother) wreck so bad like that was horrible. Craziest thing about it, I was standing right there filming the entire thing when it happened. Definitely is "SCARRED" material, or whatever that show is on MTV. Well, long story short, my boy is back and good to go. He spent 3 and half months in various hospitals and brain injury rehab programs, but is now, thank god, back home and good to go. Although he still has some memory issues, he gets stronger every day. He will definitely be out there with me for opening weekend, and I think that alone is making this season opener, at least for me, something super special. The kid is lucky as hell to be alive, let alone back on the mountain the following season after such a horrible accident.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #5
Project3
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Also it doesnt matter how early they open but how good of snow they get. You can open early in a season and have more trails open, but nothing compares with natural pow to ride on compared to machine made snow. The all natural trails at Killington are the best with a mixture of POW and machine made.........
Obviously.. I really dont expect much as far as the conditions go. It is still MADDD early in the season. I am just pumped up to be riding again!! Fuck it, Ill have plenty of POW to rip when I head up to Jay Peak and out west later in the season!!

Me + Any kind of snowboarding = PURE HAPPINESS!!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
M.A.C.K.
Banned
Rep

yea nothing on the east coast can compare to the type of snow after a snow storm on the west coast, its night and day.......i know mount snow has had a jib park open for a week or two now. but you gotta climb the hill to hit it.........
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
M.A.C.K.
Banned
Rep

This is my boy Joey (Jfloss) who I have know since i was like 3 and ride with..............check out the vid, he is sponsored by Nitro............

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #8
Project3
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
yea nothing on the east coast can compare to the type of snow after a snow storm on the west coast, its night and day.......i know mount snow has had a jib park open for a week or two now. but you gotta climb the hill to hit it.........
Yea. I saw that too. Not enticing enough for me to drive all the way up there for just that quite yet. The official season opener for me is gonna be on the 14th at Killington. I always, every year, hit that mountain for opening weekend. They usually have a pretty nice amount of trails open, and the snow is usually pretty good for Mid-November. Who knows, if things keep up like its been the last week or two, they should be able to be blowing snow every day and night between now and then, plus, im sure they will get hit with some more natural snow by then too!! All in all, its shaping up to be a great start to the season!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
Project3
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
This is my boy Joey (Jfloss) who I have know since i was like 3 and ride with..............check out the vid, he is sponsored by Nitro............

Nice. Here is a video I put together like 2 years ago of my boy riding at Creek. All this footage is from one full day of riding, and most definitely not the best quality footage. This was before I bought my Sony VX-2100 cam, but, still, is a pretty good edit. There is even two quick clips with me in them, doing some nice frontside boardslides (close to the end).

Im also posting up a video I did for Technine of the "NYC Union Square Street Sessions" on February 8, 2007. I was unable to attend the one this year, as I was already RIPPPPPING it in 4 feet of fresh pow in Whistler!!

ENJOY!

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #10
KlubHoppER
Major
Brazil
Rep
Drives: Either in 2010 or 2011 :)!

this is why , this is why , this is why im hot! lol good shit man!! , shit i snowboard but just down the mountain ahha i got a burton.. lol
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 03:52 PM   #11
fizzle
is it the 5oclock free crack giveaway?
United_States
Rep
Drives: a motorized vee-hickle

yea cant wait to start riding again. i hit up mt creek and gore cuz i have a house like 2 min away from it....fuckin beautiful up there. im going next weekend but they dont open up til nov 28th. imma hit it up dec 12-14 when im up there again.....mad nice vids josh and kyle..ive been tearing it up since i was 12 and im 26 now.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #12
Project3
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
yea cant wait to start riding again. i hit up mt creek and gore cuz i have a house like 2 min away from it....fuckin beautiful up there. im going next weekend but they dont open up til nov 28th. imma hit it up dec 12-14 when im up there again.....mad nice vids josh and kyle..
thats whatsup bro. My boy Timmy has a house close by to creek too. Its actually on the Hidden Valley Mountain. He rides for Technine, Academy, Rockstar, and a bunch of other teams and companies too. Let me know when your out there bro, we can link up and hit the slopes sometime..(even tho mt. creek is wack juice!!) hahahaa. I cant hate tho, I go there all the time during the week, but usually hit VT on the weekends... like, EVERY WEEKEND!!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 08:00 PM   #13
E92Pilot
Bad cop no donut
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3/ SF-340

Josh

Well I dont ride.... but I'll throw down on my twin tips!!!! I usually take several trips to Alta a year.... My company flies to Burlington, VT 4x a day so looks like I'll be at Stowe alot this year!

AW E90 M3... Cold, Premium, Tech, Silver Novillo, Carbon leather, ipod, EPS, Rear shade....
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #14
Bogo Shipyo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

hahah since riding season is over ive been aching to go snowboarding -=X
im headng down to killington this dec12-14
from the looks of the weather this year i think its going to be a blast xD

k2 ftw (o=`, haha
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 08:31 AM   #15
fizzle
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project3 View Post
thats whatsup bro. My boy Timmy has a house close by to creek too. Its actually on the Hidden Valley Mountain. He rides for Technine, Academy, Rockstar, and a bunch of other teams and companies too. Let me know when your out there bro, we can link up and hit the slopes sometime..(even tho mt. creek is wack juice!!) hahahaa. I cant hate tho, I go there all the time during the week, but usually hit VT on the weekends... like, EVERY WEEKEND!!
yea creek is real wack but its the closest one. yea bro ill def hit u up...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 01:33 PM   #16
weejaybxi
Rep
Drives: JB 08 335xi coupe w JB3 1.22

Nice vids fizzle. Im so excited to snowboard this season. I just started last year and learned basics like carving. I didnt get to hit up the park last season so im going to try this try time. Im scared i might bust my ass though lol. Im thinking of buying roof rack for my car but i dont know if its worth getting. Any of you guys w/ a roof rack?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 01:35 PM   #17
Project3
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by weejaybxi View Post
Nice vids fizzle. Im so excited to snowboard this season. I just started last year and learned basics like carving. I didnt get to hit up the park last season so im going to try this try time. Im scared i might bust my ass though lol. Im thinking of buying roof rack for my car but i dont know if its worth getting. Any of you guys w/ a roof rack?
?????? what video?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 01:35 PM   #18
JBiddy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 ///M

i think am strarting this year.... my girl is into it n i alwasy wanted to try it... am scurred that ama be busting my ass all over the place....
is it hard???
      10-31-2008, 01:36 PM   #19
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

just bought a burton vapor.....im ready to go!!!
      10-31-2008, 01:37 PM   #20
Project3
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBiddy View Post
i think am strarting this year.... my girl is into it n i alwasy wanted to try it... am scurred that ama be busting my ass all over the place....
is it hard???
ehh, its like learning anything else i suppose. your definitely going to wreck the first few times, probably will spend most of the day on your ass, but, by the end of day 1, you will either love it, and not care about busting your ass so much, and want to come back again and again, or youll hate it and never do it again. give it a shot. i hope you go with choice 1!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 02:00 PM   #21
fizzle
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
just bought a burton vapor.....im ready to go!!!
sure you did...

if you did i feel bad for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #22
fizzle
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project3 View Post
ehh, its like learning anything else i suppose. your definitely going to wreck the first few times, probably will spend most of the day on your ass, but, by the end of day 1, you will either love it, and not care about busting your ass so much, and want to come back again and again, or youll hate it and never do it again. give it a shot. i hope you go with choice 1!!!
i love boarding gives me such freedom and i love rocking out to tunes and just flowing...
Appreciate 0