F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 340i option packages/quick buyers guide (VIDEO)
proTUNING Freaks

04-24-2021, 08:00 AM   #1
ap0819
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340i

340i option packages/quick buyers guide (VIDEO)

Hi everyone,

I made a quick buyers guide/option package overview video for the F30 340i on my YouTube channel. Check it out if you are interested and consider subscribing if you enjoyed the vid

Thank you!
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2021, 08:42 AM   #2
SimSimmaF30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap0819 View Post
Hi everyone,

I made a quick buyers guide/option package overview video for the F30 340i on my YouTube channel. Check it out if you are interested and consider subscribing if you enjoyed the vid

Thank you!
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Good stuff bro. Thank for takin the time to help us out
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 11:20 AM   #3
DownZero
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90

Such a perfect spec! Thanks for the video!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 07:24 PM   #4
m3shelly
Rep
Drives: 1988 M3, 2000 M5, 2017 340ix

Nice video, thanks! Hey, how's your impression of shifting the manual?
Have you considered installing a short shift kit?

I'm asking since legacy bmws I've owned seemed to have a relatively long-throw shifter. I'm picking up a 2018 with all the M-Sport and track handling packages, and I'm hoping the shift throw has been fixed.

Otherwise, I was considering asking the dealership to install a kit before I pick it up.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 08:46 PM   #5
ap0819
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3shelly View Post
Nice video, thanks! Hey, how's your impression of shifting the manual?
Have you considered installing a short shift kit?

I'm asking since legacy bmws I've owned seemed to have a relatively long-throw shifter. I'm picking up a 2018 with all the M-Sport and track handling packages, and I'm hoping the shift throw has been fixed.

Otherwise, I was considering asking the dealership to install a kit before I pick it up.
Thank you! Funnily enough, one of my biggest complaints with the car has to do with the physical transmission engagement. More often than I'd like, the gear stick will not fully engage into first gear from neutral at a stop light and it will take multiple attempts to finally get the gear seated fully.

I've seen other owners talk about this and my workaround if it happens is to quickly shift to second then up to first. That seems to line the synchros up and will engage first seamlessly.

Other than that, the throw itself isn't too long but it's definitely not short by any stretch. I'd consider a short shift kit but I'm not too sure of the kits and pricing out there yet. Overall I think you will be happy with it stock but there definitely is room for improvement if desired.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 10:33 PM   #6
m3shelly
Rep
Drives: 1988 M3, 2000 M5, 2017 340ix

Quote:
Thank you! Funnily enough, one of my biggest complaints with the car has to do with the physical transmission engagement. More often than I'd like, the gear stick will not fully engage into first gear from neutral at a stop light and it will take multiple attempts to finally get the gear seated fully.

I've seen other owners talk about this and my workaround if it happens is to quickly shift to second then up to first. That seems to line the synchros up and will engage first seamlessly.

Other than that, the throw itself isn't too long but it's definitely not short by any stretch. I'd consider a short shift kit but I'm not too sure of the kits and pricing out there yet. Overall I think you will be happy with it stock but there definitely is room for improvement if desired.
Thanks for the info! I'll probably drive it for awhile before making that decision. I drove a non M sport 340, and the shifter seemed to be loose. Same year (18). I was just hoping the M package was different.

The dealer refused to remove the auto revving. But, although I haven't tried it yet, I guess that can be deleted via coding. As with many other features I have confirmed on earlier models 2016 & 17. I always code out the seatbelt warnings, auto locking, add auto mirror folding, and a bunch of little stuff they can't be done in the iDrive.

Regarding the short shift kit, we have 2 E39s in the garage now; one with a short shift kit and one without. The one with the kit is definitely more fun to shift, even though the other is a true m5, so it stays stock.

Thanks again! Oh, and nice car. I was looking at a black '18 with the red leather, recently for sale in New York State. I was just looking for a manual car, which are getting more difficult to find. Too far for me to travel, and then found the black on black car I'm picking up next week locally. The red was growing on me though. If the door panel inserts weren't red, I may have traveled from WI to buy it.
Appreciate 0