E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Flushing coolant with electric waterpump?

04-16-2021, 02:57 PM   #1
RichardGoller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Flushing coolant with electric waterpump?

What is the best way to do a complete coolant flush? I have G13 red coolant currently but want to change it to BMW blue and I know it's bad to mix them, so will probably need to do a flush with clean water a couple of times, but still, what is the best way?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 04:08 PM   #2
Dave92N54
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Here's what I did when I discovered there was green coolant in my car.

Jacked it up, removed intercooler, then drain the radiator, then I pulled the hose connecting the water pump and thermostat to let that drain. Connected that hose back to the water pump and thermostat, filled the system with distilled water, ran the bleed procedure and then repeated everything until I only saw clear water come out. You could probably do this with just draining the radiator everytime but with how much dumps when removing the wp/t-stat hose I figured adding that would be faster. There's probably a better way but this works for me lol
      04-17-2021, 09:04 AM   #3
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave92N54 View Post
Here's what I did when I discovered there was green coolant in my car.

Jacked it up, removed intercooler, then drain the radiator, then I pulled the hose connecting the water pump and thermostat to let that drain. Connected that hose back to the water pump and thermostat, filled the system with distilled water, ran the bleed procedure and then repeated everything until I only saw clear water come out. You could probably do this with just draining the radiator everytime but with how much dumps when removing the wp/t-stat hose I figured adding that would be faster. There's probably a better way but this works for me lol
this is it actually.

Don't run the pump dry or you will damage it.
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19983979.00