Anyone familiar with this app !!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 11:04 PM   #2
Dwillbimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6 sDrive 40i

Why would you not use the digital key in BMW’s own app? I wouldn’t give some third party app rights to unlock and control my BMW, even if it did work.
Appreciate 1
Ukd X684.50
      04-15-2021, 03:24 PM   #3
Ukd X6
Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwillbimmer View Post
Why would you not use the digital key in BMW's own app? I wouldn't give some third party app rights to unlock and control my BMW, even if it did work.
True that...

It's just weird that this came in while searching for the my bmw app ..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 03:47 PM   #4
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukd X6 View Post
True that...

It's just weird that this came in while searching for the my bmw app ..
not weird at all. searches tend to show many seemingly unrelated or closely related "hits". just gotta fish them out...
Appreciate 1
volodp199.50
      04-15-2021, 10:25 PM   #5
NitenD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 FY15

So would this allow my G05 from 2019 to be opened with the iphone digital key?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 11:40 PM   #6
Beemertj
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 535xi f10, 20' X5 i40

No, BMW screwed some of us over that did not buy their car with a build date of more than 06/2020. Before that date, can not use an iPhone or any other ap to unlock the car.

535Xi 2013 ----- Daily driver
2020 X5 G05 i40 -- Family car
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 05:54 AM   #7
NitenD
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemertj View Post
No, BMW screwed some of us over that did not buy their car with a build date of more than 06/2020. Before that date, can not use an iPhone or any other ap to unlock the car.
Quote:

Just so frustrating. If Samsung or android allows us to do it, why not just simply work to resolve this eh.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 09:11 AM   #8
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitenD View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Just so frustrating. If Samsung or android allows us to do it, why not just simply work to resolve this eh.
Hardware changes. Android doesn't work anymore either (or won't after an update or something).
      04-16-2021, 09:43 AM   #9
Ukd X6
Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Quote:
So would this allow my G05 from 2019 to be opened with the iphone digital key?
Interested to know .. its a paid subscription.. not sure if I would try it my self on third party apps .. but sure someone else will .. (waiting for that someone ☺️)
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 05:14 PM   #10
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
mostly 1 to 2-star ratings while scrolling through reviews that I just stopped scrolling. 5-star reviews didn't provide confirmation the app actually worked as a digital key. "nothing to see here, folks. move along."

disclaimer: I have the digital key capability. even if I didn't, I wouldn't go anywhere near this app!
Appreciate 1
volodp199.50
      04-16-2021, 06:04 PM   #11
Ukd X6
Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
mostly 1 to 2-star ratings while scrolling through reviews that I just stopped scrolling. 5-star reviews didn't provide confirmation the app actually worked as a digital key. "nothing to see here, folks. move along."

disclaimer: I have the digital key capability. even if I didn't, I wouldn't go anywhere near this app!
Lucky you..... it sucks that our builds are no where near having it anytime soon ..

Let's hope they do soon
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 06:05 PM   #12
NitenD
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Lucky you have it.. it sucks that our builds are no where near having it anytime soon ..

Let's hope they do soon
Quote:
Quote:

Lucky you have it.. it sucks that our builds are no where near having it anytime soon ..

Let's hope they do soon

Is there a strong and valid reason why??
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 07:42 PM   #13
Ukd X6
Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let's hope they do soon
Quote:
Quote:

Let's hope they do soon

Is there a strong and valid reason why??
Some say hardware... others say software ... no clue yet and no confirmation from BMW making it hard to predict ...

Just as how bmw connected drive services work in some countries only .. making them super hard to activate them ..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 09:12 PM   #14
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
truth be told I've never used the digital key since activation 4 months ago. if I had an Apple Watch, then maybe...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 11:33 PM   #15
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Perhaps all of us that ordered/bought our cars with this feature that either worked previously or never worked (Never worked for me even though they said it would work with Samsung phones and Android) should file a class action law suit against BMW for failing to deliver a promised/paid for option.

These big companies know that the majority of consumers never pay attention to 90% of the behind the scenes deceptive practices they do on a regular basis. I'm sure they have they're corporate lawyers running the numbers on the chances of someone complaining and figure the odds are in their favor and are willing to take the gamble.

I despise companies that hide behind their corporate power to hide and manipulate the regulations in hopes that few if any will complain or notice.

Greed and Power, are in my mind, the root of all evil. BMW, seems to be at the head of the pack in this regard. Deceptive and devious as well as using their customers as Beta testers without disclosure.
Appreciate 0