Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions F40 Dashcam with Cellink NEO - Help

04-05-2021, 08:33 AM   #1
Northwarks
Registered
Rep
Drives: m135i (F40)

F40 Dashcam with Cellink NEO - Help

Hi All - I tried to install my Blackvue and Cellink NEO in my new 135(F40) over the weekend, was working fine in my old 140 so I thought I'd see 2 hours tops to get it all hidden etc - Big mistake!

The battery is piggy backed to the 12v socket fuse (F65), it works e.g. it charges but it just never stops, I was expecting it to go to sleep after 15minutes or so but despite locking the car and walking away it just keeps pulling power eventually draining the car battery and just kept going until I intervened and pulled the fuse an hour later.

Has anyone on here had success fitting a Cellink NEO to the F40 and could share the fuse and any insight - I just can't see what I'm doing wrong, I fitted it into 2 previous BMWs without any problems at all so something has changed?

Many Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 08:48 AM   #2
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwarks View Post
Hi All - I tried to install my Blackvue and Cellink NEO in my new 135(F40) over the weekend, was working fine in my old 140 so I thought I'd see 2 hours tops to get it all hidden etc - Big mistake!

The battery is piggy backed to the 12v socket fuse (F65), it works e.g. it charges but it just never stops, I was expecting it to go to sleep after 15minutes or so but despite locking the car and walking away it just keeps pulling power eventually draining the car battery and just kept going until I intervened and pulled the fuse an hour later.

Has anyone on here had success fitting a Cellink NEO to the F40 and could share the fuse and any insight - I just can't see what I'm doing wrong, I fitted it into 2 previous BMWs without any problems at all so something has changed?

Many Thanks

Hi, I used power magic that cut off the dash cam when the voltage went under certain voltage
I never used a battery pack

having said that, try changing the fuse, you have probably connected it to a fuse that is always active
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 01:18 AM   #3
Northwarks
Registered
Rep
Drives: m135i (F40)

Thanks I'll have to give that another go ..
Appreciate 0