BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)    F**** ripped the leather on my console

03-28-2021, 09:28 AM   #1
roughyear
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M Sport

F**** ripped the leather on my console

I get into the X5 the other day, and this "dust" catches my eye as I climb in. Went to wipe it off and nada, didn't budge... I take out trusted reading glasses to take a lookie and notice two small rips on my console !!! ARRGG!!! I'm racking my brain as to how the freck that would have happened. As I'm screaming in anger at myself, I go to put on the my seatbelt and noticed that the darn metal clip, as I pull around me, hits the darn console at that spot..... then my brain goes into this cinematic rewind , and I remember as I was driving away from the bank the other day, the darn belt wouldn't release and I yank at it 2 or 3 times before it released and I was able to clip it into place... smfh, that's when it may have happened.

Anyone know how to repair this scar??
Attached Images

2016 X6 M-Sport
2021 X5 M-Sport (current)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 12:38 PM   #2
phillydilles
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G05

Sorry to see that... I've used this before on my old 430i's Dakota Leather (arguably a lot grainier, though) but it worked like a charm!

https://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-2130...24409510&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 05:09 PM   #3
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydilles View Post
Sorry to see that... I've used this before on my old 430i's Dakota Leather (arguably a lot grainier, though) but it worked like a charm!

https://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-2130...9510&psc=1
I know it looks bad but these scratches can be easily fixes. Common on steering wheels. Rings etc will scuff the leather on steering wheels often. You can Google a DIY fix or any reputable upholstery place can fix it for a minimal fee.

The DIY method involves using a really high grit sand paper. 1500 or 2000 or higher and some shoe polish. That's the gist but there's a little more to it.
Appreciate 0