BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Narrowed My Exhaust options down to 2 !!!

03-16-2021, 03:27 AM   #1
TheBirdieGang
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Atlantis Blue MK7 GolfR

Narrowed My Exhaust options down to 2 !!!

Alright so i’m picking up my 6MT Special Content Package M2C next weekend & definitely want to add an aftermarket set-up. After reading all the threads on this here are my final 2 options ..

1. AA EL resonated + Remus Race (Carbon tips)

2. AA EL non resonated + Remus Sport (Carbon tips)

i’m torn between these 2 & i really love the sound of a good exhaust note. but i’m not the type of person that likes 2 do things twice.. So maybe i’ll wait till a few more orders get filled and see if i can get some more audio clips of these 2 specific set-ups. i want to pick option 1 but i just don’t want it to be overkill as this will be my daily driver
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 03:49 PM   #2
Supadice
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdieGang View Post
Alright so i’m picking up my 6MT Special Content Package M2C next weekend & definitely want to add an aftermarket set-up. After reading all the threads on this here are my final 2 options ..

1. AA EL resonated + Remus Race (Carbon tips)

2. AA EL non resonated + Remus Sport (Carbon tips)

i’m torn between these 2 & i really love the sound of a good exhaust note. but i’m not the type of person that likes 2 do things twice.. So maybe i’ll wait till a few more orders get filled and see if i can get some more audio clips of these 2 specific set-ups. i want to pick option 1 but i just don’t want it to be overkill as this will be my daily driver

narrowed my two options to that also
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 04:32 PM   #3
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
I've been debating between:

AA EL non resonated +

1. AA axle-back
2. Remus Sport axle-back

Pretty difficult trying to nail down what I think too loud and too quiet is going off of videos. Having just watched that BMW Invasion video it doesn't seem too loud with no resonator so I may be fine with that but again it's hard to tell. Would certainly be the best option cost wise.

The Remus Sport is a good bit more expensive but has tiny resonators on the outside which may help with volume. Want to say I like the look of Remus a little more too.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 04:47 PM   #4
TheBirdieGang
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Atlantis Blue MK7 GolfR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpe View Post
I've been debating between:

AA EL non resonated +

1. AA axle-back
2. Remus Sport axle-back

Pretty difficult trying to nail down what I think too loud and too quiet is going off of videos. Having just watched that BMW Invasion video it doesn't seem too loud with no resonator so I may be fine with that but again it's hard to tell. Would certainly be the best option cost wise.

also read that figment is like 6 or 7 out of 10 so idk just some of the things i contemplated when ruling it out
The Remus Sport is a good bit more expensive but has tiny resonators on the outside which may help with volume. Want to say I like the look of Remus a little more too.
only reason AA axel back is not on my list is I want to be able to use OEM Valve controls just something i’d like to have over using remote if i’m already spending 4k+ on exhaust

Also read fitment was like 6 or 7 out of 10 so that was just some of the things i contemplated when ruling it out.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 07:17 AM   #5
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

I have the AA single mid and the Remus Sport with Carbon tips... It sounds extremely nice. I like a fairly loud exhaust and initially I thought I should have gone for the race version, but I'm glad I settled with the sport. Quality it also top notch and I didn't have any issues with fitment.
Appreciate 0