F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iphone connection queries, ID6, pro plus media
Studio RSR

02-08-2021, 05:13 AM   #1
Benmac
Private
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

iphone connection queries, ID6, pro plus media

Hi all,

Collected my 2018 F31 340i a week ago. Got some issues. I may bite the bullet and do the necessary to get Carplay in it (think I need the wifi antenna and the necessary coding) but for now I'd just like it to function!

I'm in the UK if that's relevant in terms of spec and the car has ID6 and pro plus media apparently.

My iphone connects fine to it using a USB in the armrest and also using bluetooth. It streams via bluetooth OK and also plays via USB (although if you allow it to use bluetooth it decides it cannot any longer use the USB for streaming - I deselect bluetooth music streaming and all seems OK).

It's a little bit clunky navigating for stuff but I'm used to carplay. It's liveable for now.

However, the issue I have is that after a while it seems to lose the ability to search the phone for stuff like albums, artists etc. Those options become greyed out. It still plays, shows album art etc but all I can do is skip forward and back on tracks and it'll just repeat an album.

This seems to occur after a little while in the car but once happened it'll only go back to behaving after the car has been off for a fair while. Unplugging and reconnecting doesn't fix it and I've tried several cables both official apple ones and aftermarket. It's the same with all of them.

So, any ideas? Is there some sort of setup issue I'm missing or is there something wrong? I've pored over the manual but can't find an answer.
Appreciate 0