BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-20-2020, 02:37 PM   #1
wanderlustX5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Hand Washing after New Paint Work

So I have been hand washing after my car returned from 4 weeks of paint work on both doors and quarter panel. I live in a condo and don't have the luxury of washing in a garage with a power hose. So while I wait for 30-90 days (depending on who you talk to) before I can run through a touchless car wash, I am using two buckets method. I came across this product on the car washing thread, but sounds like it is a dead thread. I am posting here. If any one has experience with this product or have other suggestions please share. Thank you.

https://www.amazon.com/Rag-Company-S...7X4BL32X&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 08:20 PM   #2
puraj83
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustX5 View Post
So I have been hand washing after my car returned from 4 weeks of paint work on both doors and quarter panel. I live in a condo and don't have the luxury of washing in a garage with a power hose. So while I wait for 30-90 days (depending on who you talk to) before I can run through a touchless car wash, I am using two buckets method. I came across this product on the car washing thread, but sounds like it is a dead thread. I am posting here. If any one has experience with this product or have other suggestions please share. Thank you.

https://www.amazon.com/Rag-Company-S...L32X&psc=1
That's great if you're trying to foam a product like a tire cleaner or all purpose cleaner but won't sub for a foam cannon or a real contact 2 bucket wash.

If you're looking to do something without water at all in between your 2 bucket washes, I'd suggest this:

https://www.ammonyc.com/product/hoseless-lift-kit-150/

Larry has a lot of great videos and his products are expensive but good.

If you are looking to simplify the 2 buckets could do a 1 bucket rinseless wash like ONR or McKees n-914 and a ultra black sponge from the rag company.

I usually do a contact wash every month or so and use one of the above in between once a week. Michigan winters are rough so I try to minimize time outside and find things I can do in my garage.
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2020, 09:27 PM   #3
wanderlustX5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by puraj83 View Post
That's great if you're trying to foam a product like a tire cleaner or all purpose cleaner but won't sub for a foam cannon or a real contact 2 bucket wash.

If you're looking to do something without water at all in between your 2 bucket washes, I'd suggest this:

If you are looking to simplify the 2 buckets could do a 1 bucket rinseless wash like ONR or McKees n-914 and a ultra black sponge from the rag company.

I usually do a contact wash every month or so and use one of the above in between once a week. Michigan winters are rough so I try to minimize time outside and find things I can do in my garage.
Isn't it the same technique as the iK Foam Pro 12? may be iK Foam Pro uses more water than Ammo. I would love to see more reviews about the Ammo like iK Foam Pro has good reviews on Amazon.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 09:31 PM   #4
puraj83
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by puraj83 View Post

Isn't it the same technique as the iK Foam Pro 12? may be iK Foam Pro uses more water than Ammo. I would love to see more reviews about the Ammo like iK Foam Pro has good reviews on Amazon.
Check out the obsessed garage Facebook group too.
Appreciate 1