F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Lumbar support on M-Sport semi-electric seats
Studio RSR

12-14-2020, 10:11 AM   #1
Sasquartch
Major
Rep
Drives: 520i G30

Lumbar support on M-Sport semi-electric seats

I'm trying to research what I might need to retrofit lumbar support to my 2019 520i (pre-LCI) with the basic M-Sport seats with the electric adjustment of height, tilt, rake, bolster width but with manual back and forth using the lever at the front of the seat

Has anyone got lumbar with the basic M-sport seats ?

Just trying to find out if it's definitely an option (S488A) with these seats as the only ones I've seen on ebay and the like are memory or fully electric.

I don't know if it's significant but the switches on some seat controls are silver wheras mine are black, I know some seats (comfort definitely but possibly full electric or memory) feed back to the idrive display so possibly it's related to that.

I've been working my way through realoem.com and the circuit diagrams and concluded that you cannot just swap different seat types over as the wiring is very different

So if anyone has the M-Sport seats with manual forwards/backwards but with lumbar I'd be interested to know, preferably with a picture of the seat controls.

Thanks
Appreciate 1
JovanUK141.50
      12-14-2020, 10:32 AM   #2
GEP77
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3 Long Range.

I think you might struggle to find an answer in a 3 series forum. The seats on the F3x are different to the 5 series seats.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 11:04 AM   #3
Sasquartch
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP77 View Post
I think you might struggle to find an answer in a 3 series forum. The seats on the F3x are different to the 5 series seats.
You're probably right, although the 5 series forum is very quiet compared to here :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 11:43 AM   #4
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

This is my guide for the 3/4 series for manual (not electric) retrofit of lumbar support. Works very well and I swooped it out of my 3 series into my 4 series when I changed cars.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...fitting+lumbar
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 12:11 PM   #5
Sasquartch
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible View Post
This is my guide for the 3/4 series for manual (not electric) retrofit of lumbar support. Works very well and I swooped it out of my 3 series into my 4 series when I changed cars.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...fitting+lumbar
Thanks

I have already done something very similar.

I'm wanting to get it working in a OEM way as the OEM way allows better adjustment (it has two bags to achieve height adjustment) as well as the fact that it's electric.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 04:21 AM   #6
JovanUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '17 M4 F83 CP, '18 M140i SHA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquartch View Post
I'm trying to research what I might need to retrofit lumbar support to my 2019 520i (pre-LCI) with the basic M-Sport seats with the electric adjustment of height, tilt, rake, bolster width but with manual back and forth using the lever at the front of the seat

Just trying to find out if it's definitely an option (S488A) with these seats as the only ones I've seen on ebay and the like are memory or fully electric.

I don't know if it's significant but the switches on some seat controls are silver wheras mine are black, I know some seats (comfort definitely but possibly full electric or memory) feed back to the idrive display so possibly it's related to that.

I've been working my way through realoem.com and the circuit diagrams and concluded that you cannot just swap different seat types over as the wiring is very different

So if anyone has the M-Sport seats with manual forwards/backwards but with lumbar I'd be interested to know, preferably with a picture of the seat controls.

Thanks
Yes, I have some for sale. Manual seats but with electric bolster and optional electric lumbar support S488A. Mint condition, out of my m140i at only 19k miles.

got them up on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133604813693

will attach pic of the seat controls

"If it depreciates, lease it. If it appreciates, buy it."
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 04:22 AM   #7
JovanUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '17 M4 F83 CP, '18 M140i SHA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquartch View Post

Thanks
oops, just realised yours is for a 5series!

"If it depreciates, lease it. If it appreciates, buy it."
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 07:04 AM   #8
Sasquartch
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JovanUK View Post
oops, just realised yours is for a 5series!
Thanks anyway, yes, mine is a 5 series
Appreciate 0