F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Anyone tried this replacement Cupholder Trim Panel wireless charger?
proTUNING Freaks

12-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
SuperLomi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

Anyone tried this replacement Cupholder Trim Panel wireless charger?

I’ve seen this floating around on Ali Express (and much more expensive on ebay) for ~$70 and been considering trying it.

Link

Any impressions on how the charger itself works?

I’m also wondering what size the charging pad is, if it reduced the size of the cupholder (looks like the trim opening size is smaller, but maybe not the actual pocket), and overall quality of the molding and finish.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 12:07 PM   #2
sqexpress
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLomi View Post
I’ve seen this floating around on Ali Express (and much more expensive on ebay) for ~$70 and been considering trying it.

Link

Any impressions on how the charger itself works?

I’m also wondering what size the charging pad is, if it reduced the size of the cupholder (looks like the trim opening size is smaller, but maybe not the actual pocket), and overall quality of the molding and finish.
You don't need to buy the new trim if your car is MY2016 or later, you just need the charger pad (~$40). It works pretty well. I'm not going to post the Ali link but it's basically he same as the bummer tech one here https://www.bimmer-tech.net/products...harger-for-bmw. There is a nice video tutorial for installation.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 01:58 PM   #3
SuperLomi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

My car is not LCI, unfortunately, and I don’t like the “remove the tray door and tape it to the dash” approach some people have used to ad-hoc this charger into non-LCI cars.

I’m also not a huge fan of the pad not having any ability to retain the phone.

I got dimensions from one vender for the part I posted above. The pad is 165mm x 80mm. Just a little narrow for my iPhone XR + case so I’m moving into to other solutions.

Last edited by SuperLomi; 12-14-2020 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0