BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum I shouldnt have.......

10-04-2020, 03:38 PM   #1
moongoa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

I shouldnt have.......

Well after a 3 year exodus from BMW after my 3 series was totaled on the freeway (I thank BMW for me walking away) I'm back in the BMW family again soon....

So I was out looking for an SUV to replace our Tahoe and I looked at all brands I thought. I didn't even realize there was an X7!!. We looked and drove Mercedes, Lexus, Range Rover, Lincoln, Toyota and nothing was perfect. Then ran across the new Escalade and was about ready to order one and stumbled on the X7. I thought they only had the X5 and the wife wanted a bigger SUV. I went to the dealer to look and wanted to test drive one before ordering the Escalade. I started with the 6 cylinder and was totally impressed then I had to open my mouth and ask if they had a 8 cylinder one. Next thing I know I'm in a M50i with a grin on my face as I'm driving. So I went home and grabbed the wife. I wanted to see what she thought. Same process, she drove the 6 cylinder and was ready to buy one. Then I said "wait now drive the 8 cylinder". Funny she said "I thought that one was the 8 cylinder" ....Needless to say after about 5 minutes of her driving it she was smiling saying "its like I have a secret" with this car. so true it is such a sleeper. you wouldnt think a 7 seat SUV would growl and drive like the M50i does. Needless to say happy wife happy life and I put dibs on the 2021 M50i the dealer has coming in 2 weeks!

Alpine white
Black leather
Cold weather pkg
Drive asst pkg
Luxury seating pkg
Executive pkg
Trailer hitch (although i don't think ill be hauling a travel trailer with this car)
Leather dashboard
Extended shadowline trim

My big mouth cost me another 20k......but i can hardly wait and while it formally will be the wifes car I cant wait till she goes out to the garage on many mornings and find the car gone with me in it.........ahh marriage bliss. On second thought yes I should have and this car is awesome!
Appreciate 1
LittleJoe1064.00
      10-04-2020, 04:18 PM   #2
malba2366
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3, X7

LOL...thats why I haven't and won't drive the M50i. I have my C2S when I want to go fast.

Also re the tow hitch...if you don't already know you will lose the kick to open functionality of the hatch if you get the OEM tow hitch. There is an aftermarket one that I believe preserves the kick to open.

https://stealthhitches.com/blogs/new...tealth-hitches

Last edited by malba2366; 10-04-2020 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 06:36 PM   #3
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

It’s a monster. Wait until you see what it can do in “Sport Plus” drive mode. I think you may be driving it more.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 08:14 PM   #4
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 M50i

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Biggest wolf in sheep's clothing on the market. I've recently considered putting mine on swapalease to get something else, but I just keep coming back to feeling like it's simply the most complete vehicle on the market if you need the space
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 08:36 PM   #5
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Did you try the SQ7?
Appreciate 0